Sweet and Sour Sausages?

nickbeam, Jun 16, 2:06am
I have some nice yummy pork precooks I would like to make into some form of sweet and sour sausages tonight.

I've been craving pineapple, so have a can of pineapple pieces, and onions, and wondering if anyone can tell me a good sweet and sour sauce I could use that is suitable for the oven?

I vaguely remember one I used to have that used malt vinegar, and maybe brown sugar? I can't remember properly tho, and all my recipe books are packed up ready to shift!

pickles7, Jun 16, 2:32am
you are on the right track. I don't use a recipe for that sort of thing. I would start with the juice from the pineapple, in mind. Fry onions a little ch. chili, a little grated fresh ginger, a little ch. celery, red, green,and/or, orange capsicums. I would then add the pineapple. Taste, add salt and pepper, brown sugar = sweet, then a slosh of vinegar, sour. Once happy with the sauce, put it aside. Serve sausages, top with sauce, heated. I think sausages can take over, If you add them to the sauce you could loose that nice fresh sweet and sour flavour.

kendy2, Jun 17, 12:49am
1/4 c vinegar
2t brown sugar
2t cornflour
1 tin pineapple juice
1T soy sauce
Put everything into a saucepan and cook over high heat, stirring constantly until sauce comes to the boil and thickens. Remove from heat.
Sauce can be made early and stirred into anything just before it's finished cooking.
Note - it changes colour as it's cooking.