Liquid chicken stock question....

_serendipity_, Jun 9, 10:10pm
Not thinking I grabbed the liquid chicken stock out of the fridge and 'dolloped' into my casserole. Then I checked the packet and it said use within 3 days once opened. It has been opened in the fridge for over a week. I don't want to ditch my entire casserole!!!! I don't want to make 6 of us sick either. What do you think?

lythande1, Jun 9, 10:22pm
Most likely nothing to fuss about. See any mould in the pkt? And icky smell from it? No?

Next time, freeze it in your ice cube trays, and use what's required.

beebs, Jun 9, 10:31pm
bring it up to a high temp and hold it there for a while t to kill off anything, Im sure it will be ok (and also serve it piping hot)

kiwiscrapper1, Jun 9, 10:36pm
I too have used a week old and we are still here! but now I freeze in 1 cup measures and freeze.

pheebs1, Jun 9, 11:48pm
cook the crap out of it !
should be fine

rosathemad, Jun 10, 1:21am
We tend to keep an open carton in the fridge for the week or two it takes us to use, have never had any trouble (though if I was suspicious of look or smell I would avoid it).

_serendipity_, Jun 10, 10:10pm
Not thinking I grabbed the liquid chicken stock out of the fridge and 'dolloped' into my casserole. Then I checked the packet and it said use within 3 days once opened. It has been opened in the fridge for over a week. I don't want to ditch my entire casserole! I don't want to make 6 of us sick either. What do you think!

lythande1, Jun 10, 10:22pm
Most likely nothing to fuss about. See any mould in the pkt! And icky smell from it! No!

Next time, freeze it in your ice cube trays, and use what's required.