LOOKING FOR ADVICE FROM A BAKER??

marklilla, Jun 7, 8:25am
Hi there Im trying to find someone who might be able to help me adjust and work with an existing cake recipe so that it may be aproduct accepted by the big wigs at the supermarkets. Basically I have a great recipe not to mention idea...but the cakes Im making will be going into the frozen section so need to work on this...any ideas who i should talk to or ...anything?????????????? feeling a little daft but thought id throw it out there... thanks

babytears, Jun 7, 8:55am
SO.... have you come up with anythng... have you tried a frozen version of your cake? Great Idea!

I guess you need to think shelf-life, the type of icing you'll be using, packaging?

wpmoore, Jun 7, 6:14pm
You need to work with a food Technologist. To fine tune the recipe.
If the supermarkets like your idea, it will be subject to a tasting panel and focus groups as well. You may need to change parts of the idea to suit the supermarkets.
Good luck.

marklilla, Jun 8, 8:25am
Hi there Im trying to find someone who might be able to help me adjust and work with an existing cake recipe so that it may be aproduct accepted by the big wigs at the supermarkets. Basically I have a great recipe not to mention idea.but the cakes Im making will be going into the frozen section so need to work on this.any ideas who i should talk to or .anything! feeling a little daft but thought id throw it out there. thanks

babytears, Jun 8, 8:55am
SO. have you come up with anythng. have you tried a frozen version of your cake! Great Idea!

I guess you need to think shelf-life, the type of icing you'll be using, packaging!