Only 130g of butter, but have oil ......

e.g.cat, Jun 6, 11:51pm
can I make cupcakes with oil???I want to make biscuits and cupcakes.Can I use any recipe and substitute the butter for oil?
HELP!Thanks!

buzzy110, Jun 7, 12:24am
You can if your recipe is using the Melted Fat method, oil may be able to be substituted for the butter.

The reason for using solid fat - i.e., butter, is because when it is beaten it holds air. Liquid fats will not do that.

pheebs1, Jun 7, 12:59am
there is great chokkie cake recipes on here (type in best choccie cake ever) i think its uses oil i certainly do when i make it and i often use the recipes and just make it into muffins
sooooooooo good ill see if i can find for you
also carrot cake muffins use oil made them on friday with cream cheese icing
40 of them dissapeared in minutes at hubbies work morning tea

pheebs1, Jun 7, 1:01am
I make this once a week makes a small roast pan size cake

3.5 c flour
3.5 c sugar
3 t/s Baking powder
1.5 c cocoa
1 cup oil
2 cups milk
3 t/s baking soda
1 t/s salt
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of boiling water (added at end)

Put all ingredients (except for the water) in a large bowl mix well to a batter. add boiling water and mix till smooth bake in the over at 160 for 1hr. you can split the mix and make two smaller cakes or make 1 smaller cake and put the rest into muffin tins the choice is completely up to you. this is an excellent cake if you have a large family or just want to impress people. gets moister by the day so stays nice and fresh very simular to mud cake.
Quote hooksie60 (129 ) 2:27 pm, Thu 29 Oct #1"

e.g.cat, Jun 7, 11:51pm
can I make cupcakes with oil!I want to make biscuits and cupcakes.Can I use any recipe and substitute the butter for oil!
HELP!Thanks!