Leek & Potato Soup Recipes

rockdale1, Jun 6, 10:45pm
Anyone got an easy no fuss recipe for leek & potato soup.
Have an abundance of leeks in the garden.

nzl99, Jun 6, 11:40pm

jaz8, Jun 7, 7:38pm
I fry the chopped up leeks with a little butter, boil some potatoes and puree them with my whiz stick thing, add some fried bacon and cream to make it more 'soup' like and then add salt and pepper. Very technical indeed.... but it does the job. I do it when I don't have much time, as it only takes about15-20 min at most.

I love leeks though so I will give Valentino's a try too. That sounds delicious.

nzl99, Jun 7, 11:40pm

kinna54, Jun 8, 3:47am
2nd valentino's recipe.It's yummy!Made it the other day, jst before serving I added a good swirl of fresh cream., and then sprinkled over a few chopped chives. (once adding cream do not let it boil) Parmesan is aquired taste but loved here.
Served it with beautiful crusty herb bread. Bliss!

jaz8, Jun 8, 7:38pm
I fry the chopped up leeks with a little butter, boil some potatoes and puree them with my whiz stick thing, add some fried bacon and cream to make it more 'soup' like and then add salt and pepper. Very technical indeed. but it does the job. I do it when I don't have much time, as it only takes about15-20 min at most.

I love leeks though so I will give Valentino's a try too. That sounds delicious.

kinna54, Jun 9, 3:47am
2nd valentino's recipe.It's yummy!Made it the other day, jst before serving I added a good swirl of fresh cream., and then sprinkled over a few chopped chives. (once adding cream do not let it boil) Parmesan is aquired taste but loved here.
Served it with beautiful crusty herb bread. Bliss!