What to do with chicken-breast

Page 1 / 2
tigga212, Jun 6, 9:46pm
I have a bulk pack of boneless chicken breast. and wanting some easymeal idea's

r-mvz, Jun 6, 11:10pm
Split them lengthwise in three, gently beat flat and crumb...= Chicken Schnitzel
Cut into cubes, brown off, stirfry some veges, add cooked rice = Chicken Fried Rice.
Split almost through, insert cheese wrapped in ham or bacon, Crumb, Fry, bake in oven = Chicken Cordon Bleu

hope these help

2young1, Jun 7, 12:22am
chicken saltinbocca... italian recipe ... yummo...

basically slice chickenbreastso get two pieces not so thick..then flour it up.then pan fry in butter with sage and s and p.omg its gorjus and tender...

theanimal1, Jun 7, 5:30am
Cheesy Chicken Breasts ingredients list:

4 whole chicken breasts, split and skinned.(can use fleshy thighs without bone and skin)
2 oz of mozzarella cheese.
1 medium egg, beaten.
¼ cup of fine breadcrumbs.
1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
1 teaspoon of parsley.
1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon.(oxo cube or powder)
¼ teaspoon of salt.
Dash of pepper.
Instructions for Cheesy Chicken Breasts:

Cut a slit in each of the chicken breasts.

Cut the cheese into strips and place inside the chicken breasts, securing with a toothpick.

Place bone side down in a baking dish.

Brush the chicken with egg.

Combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over top of the chicken.

Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes at 375°F (190°C).

theanimal1, Jun 7, 5:31am
ITALIANCHICKEN

2/3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 green pepper
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Sliced onion
1 lg. jar pasta sauce
Chicken (boneless) breasts, quartered

Wash chicken.Mix flour, salt, pepper and garlic together.Coat chicken, brown in oil, then drain.Top chicken with peppers and onions (sliced).Add sauce on top.Cover and simmer about 1 hour.Serve with spaghetti.

theanimal1, Jun 7, 5:32am
Hungarian Chicken

Serve, top with sour cream and sprinkle a pinch of paprika.

Ingredients:
6 - 8 large skinless chicken pieces1 med onion, chopped2 cloves crushed garlic1/4 cup flour 1 tbsp paprika2 tsp dried chicken stock
1 tbsp dark soy sauce1400g tin tomatoes 2 tbsp tomato paste1 green capsicum sliced finelylow-fat sour cream to serve.
Method:
Place onion and garlic in cooker. Combine flour and paprika in a plastic, add chicken pieces and shake till well coated..
Empty the flour mix over the onion and garlic. Toss to mix and spread evenly over the base of the cooker and place chicken on top.
In small bowl combine stock, soy sauce, tomatoes and tomato paste and mix well. Spoon this mixture evenly over the chicken pieces.
Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 - 4 1/2 hours in the crock pot.. Add capsicum thirty mins before cooking time is complete.

theanimal1, Jun 7, 5:32am
Honey Glazed Chicken Breasts

( can use thighs )

6 chicken breast fillets (1kg), 50g butter softened, 1/4 cup (60ml) honey, 1/4 barbecue sauce, 2 tsp seeded mustard - Trim chicken of excess fat. Remove skin. Use a sharp knife to make 3-4 diagonal slashes across one side of each chicken breast. Prepare and heat bbq. Combine butter, honey, bbq sauce and mustard in a bowl. Spread half of marinade thickly over slashed side of chicken, then cover. Set remaining marinade aside. Stand chicken at room temp for 20mins. Place breasts, slashed side up, on hot lightly greased grill or flatplate. Cook 2-3mins each side or until tender. Brush with reserved marinade several times during cooking. Serve hot with buttered fettucine noodles if desired.

jaz8, Jun 7, 6:27am
Sometimes I season it with a 'Moroccan' seasoning, fry it and then slice it up and serve it in a big leafy salad. It also goes well with cous cous and roasted veges, sultana's etc. Anabel Langbein's 'Lemongrass and chilli chicken' is very easy, and yummy, too.

fee1965, Jun 7, 7:02am
we had this last night - so very easy and delicious!

Flatten chicken breast, season, lay 2 sage leaves on one side and grate on some parmesan cheese.Add a slice of prosciutto and fry in hot pan (prosciutto side first).Fry 1 min on high, turn over fry 1 min, then put pan into hot oven and cook for 10mins (til chicken is cooked).
This is divine!!!!!

fee1965, Jun 7, 7:03am
This is a Jaimie Oliver recipe - everyone I make this for loves it!You can use streaky bacon if preferred, but the prosciutto is nice n salty.

tigga212, Jun 7, 9:46pm
I have a bulk pack of boneless chicken breast. and wanting some easymeal idea's

r-mvz, Jun 7, 11:10pm
Split them lengthwise in three, gently beat flat and crumb.= Chicken Schnitzel
Cut into cubes, brown off, stirfry some veges, add cooked rice = Chicken Fried Rice.
Split almost through, insert cheese wrapped in ham or bacon, Crumb, Fry, bake in oven = Chicken Cordon Bleu

hope these help

2young1, Jun 8, 12:22am
chicken saltinbocca. italian recipe . yummo.

basically slice chickenbreastso get two pieces not so thick.then flour it up.then pan fry in butter with sage and s and p.omg its gorjus and tender.

theanimal1, Jun 8, 5:30am
stuffed chicken breasts

2 chicken breasts, put between 2 sheets of gladwrap and beat them to make them flat! Then spread them with topping like you would a pizza- you could do tomato paste, garlic, grated cheese, spinach, onions. or to be really fancy you could use cranberry sauce or spicy apricot sauce (use bit on the side watties apricot sauce!) with camembert/brie, spring onions etc etc, or even cream cheese with other stuff. then roll them up, can tie or skewer them, brush them with egg and you could even crumb them with a southern style crumb mix. bake at 180 degrees for maybe half an hour or so until cooked. Then slice them into spiral pieces and place over a risotto or flavoured cous cous and mesulin salad with cherry tomatoes!

theanimal1, Jun 8, 5:32am
Hungarian Chicken

Serve, top with sour cream and sprinkle a pinch of paprika.

Ingredients:
6 - 8 large skinless chicken pieces1 med onion, chopped2 cloves crushed garlic1/4 cup flour 1 tbsp paprika2 tsp dried chicken stock
1 tbsp dark soy sauce1400g tin tomatoes 2 tbsp tomato paste1 green capsicum sliced finelylow-fat sour cream to serve.
Method:
Place onion and garlic in cooker. Combine flour and paprika in a plastic, add chicken pieces and shake till well coated.
Empty the flour mix over the onion and garlic. Toss to mix and spread evenly over the base of the cooker and place chicken on top.
In small bowl combine stock, soy sauce, tomatoes and tomato paste and mix well. Spoon this mixture evenly over the chicken pieces.
Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 - 4 1/2 hours in the crock pot. Add capsicum thirty mins before cooking time is complete.

jaz8, Jun 8, 6:27am
Sometimes I season it with a 'Moroccan' seasoning, fry it and then slice it up and serve it in a big leafy salad. It also goes well with cous cous and roasted veges, sultana's etc. Anabel Langbein's 'Lemongrass and chilli chicken' is very easy, and yummy, too.

fee1965, Jun 8, 7:02am
we had this last night - so very easy and delicious!

Flatten chicken breast, season, lay 2 sage leaves on one side and grate on some parmesan cheese.Add a slice of prosciutto and fry in hot pan (prosciutto side first).Fry 1 min on high, turn over fry 1 min, then put pan into hot oven and cook for 10mins (til chicken is cooked).
This is divine!

greerg, Jun 8, 7:37am
Make a pocket in the centre and insert a generous amount of basil pesto spreading it out as far as possible.Wrap chicken breast in a rasher of streaky bacon.Bake at 200 degrees or until juices run clear when pierced.

kuaka, Jun 8, 9:52am
as above, cut the chicken breasts so that you can open them up or flatten them and then put roasted capsicum and spinach or silverbeet leaves on, roll the breasts up, wrap in bacon and bake.When cooked, slice the chicken, the colours look lovely on the plate, and it is very tasty.

gaspodetwd, Jun 8, 10:23am
Fry some mushrooms and garlic in butter. Stuff it in thechicken and wrap in streaky bacon. bake for 25-40 minutes depending on size. Slice to serve. Delicious and dedad easy. One of my daughter's favorite recipes to make for us all - and she is seven!

donnabeth, Jun 8, 9:08pm
Last night, the night before shopping day when I'm left with scratching together the dregs. I made do with one chicken breast between two of us. I lined a steamer with baking paper and steamed the meat over the potatoes. I heated sliced spring onion, some sage leaves and parsley in a dribble of cream and allowed the flavour to infuse. Drained, added a few drops of fish sauce 1Tbsp of butter. the juice collected from the meat and reheated, then squeezed in half a lime. I sliced the chicken breast finely, drizzled with the sauce and sprinkled with parsley and black pepper. Served with lots of veges it was very tasty.
The cream and butter may sound like cholesterol overload, but was only a few tablespoons and sometimes a good sauce is necessary to disguise the panty scrapings.

kuaka, Jun 8, 11:12pm
panty scrapings ???? I hope not!!!!!Remind me not to go to donnabeths for dinner.

gaspodetwd, Jun 9, 10:23am
Fry some mushrooms and garlic in butter. Stuff it in thechicken and wrap in streaky bacon. bake for 25-40 minutes depending on size. Slice to serve. Delicious and dedad easy. One of my daughter's favorite recipes to make for us all - and she is seven!

donnabeth, Jun 9, 9:08pm
Last night, the night before shopping day when I'm left with scratching together the dregs. I made do with one chicken breast between two of us. I lined a steamer with baking paper and steamed the meat over the potatoes. I heated sliced spring onion, some sage leaves and parsley in a dribble of cream and allowed the flavour to infuse. Drained, added a few drops of fish sauce 1Tbsp of butter. the juice collected from the meat and reheated, then squeezed in half a lime. I sliced the chicken breast finely, drizzled with the sauce and sprinkled with parsley and black pepper. Served with lots of veges it was very tasty.
The cream and butter may sound like cholesterol overload, but was only a few tablespoons and sometimes a good sauce is necessary to disguise the panty scrapings.

kuaka, Jun 9, 11:12pm
panty scrapings ! I hope not!Remind me not to go to donnabeths for dinner.