Coeliacs - a question or 2 for you...

kizzier, Jun 5, 10:20pm
I have Coeliacs Disease and every time I have a reaction, my back seems to give out. It is my lower back, sort of the whole pelvis area and the pain shoots down my legs and in 1 ankle. I am certain it is all part of the reaction (this time from ground coriander....stupid me didn't think to check that one!)...but what I am wanting to know is, do you think it is just part of the whole gluten thing or will it be linked to some sort of arthritis-y thing? As in, might it be a whole other 'syndrome' on it's own I need to sort, or do I just accept it is what happens when I eat gluten? It occurred on Tuesday and the back pain kicked in on Thursday...still hard to walk or sit now!

Any info much appreciated...cheers.

BTW - I can't take anti-inflammatorys such as Voltaren etc as they make me ill. I am just taking Panadol and Nurofen at the moment.

* Posted in Parenting as well

herika, Jun 5, 11:41pm
Hi,
Im similar to you except my pain never seemed to go down my leg, but I did used to suffer (undiagnosed) back pain too.I also cant tolerate Voltaren etc and learnt that back exercises worked quite well as well as being careful not to do anything to aggrevate it.It may or may not be related to eating gluten so getting it checked out by your doctor would be what I would suggest (even if that doesnt help at least you would know it wasnt something serious).
You are not stupid not checking the spice.It took years for me to get it right and I still make the odd slip-up!

kizzier, Jun 6, 12:02am
Thanks for answering herika. I feel stupid as I am SO vigilant in checking...I just figured coriander was bloody coriander lol! I think I will see my GP anyway, and see what she has to say. I am 99% sure it is related to the Coeliacs as it only happens when I accidentally consume gluten.

kizzier, Jun 6, 10:20pm
I have Coeliacs Disease and every time I have a reaction, my back seems to give out. It is my lower back, sort of the whole pelvis area and the pain shoots down my legs and in 1 ankle. I am certain it is all part of the reaction (this time from ground coriander.stupid me didn't think to check that one!).but what I am wanting to know is, do you think it is just part of the whole gluten thing or will it be linked to some sort of arthritis-y thing! As in, might it be a whole other 'syndrome' on it's own I need to sort, or do I just accept it is what happens when I eat gluten! It occurred on Tuesday and the back pain kicked in on Thursday.still hard to walk or sit now!

Any info much appreciated.cheers.

BTW - I can't take anti-inflammatorys such as Voltaren etc as they make me ill. I am just taking Panadol and Nurofen at the moment.

* Posted in Parenting as well

kizzier, Jun 7, 12:02am
Thanks for answering herika. I feel stupid as I am SO vigilant in checking.I just figured coriander was bloody coriander lol! I think I will see my GP anyway, and see what she has to say. I am 99% sure it is related to the Coeliacs as it only happens when I accidentally consume gluten.