GINGERBREAD...easy recipes in here

usualsuspect, Jun 3, 1:54pm
I rediscovered my taste for gingerbread recently and would like a simple fool proof recipe if anyone has one tucked away.Thanks so much

muddler, Jun 3, 8:20pm
do you mean a cake or bscuit?

sue1955, Jun 3, 10:19pm
Gingerbread (cake, loaf or 18 muffins)

100grm butter
3/4c golden syrup
2tsp baking soda
2tsp ground ginger
3/4c sugar
1c milk
2 1/2c flour
1tsp spice

Grease & flour tin or loaf pan or use patty paper cases in muffin tray.
Sift together flour, spice & ground ginger.
Make a well in the centre.
In a medium sized saucepan put butter, sugar & golden syrup.
Melt over a gentle heat.
Take off heat & stir in milk which has the seived soda disolved in it. Mixture will thicken & rise quickly.
Pour at once into the dry ingredients & mix well.
Spread evenly into tin.

Cake - 180c 30-40mins
Loaf - 180c approx 1hour
Muffins - 190c 15mins

I have been making these for 30yrs & never had a failure. I free flow freeze the muffins & after thawing in the microwave for 20secs they make a lovely pudding served with ice cream, custard etc.
My husband will even eat the cake or loaf with a piece of tasty cheese.

theanimal1, Jun 3, 10:57pm
gingerbread

This recipe makes great crunchy gingerbread men. You could also use this recipe to make gingerbread hearts for Valentine's Day, gingerbread four leaf clovers (with green icing) for St Patrick's Day, or gingerbread butterflies for a girl's birthday party. Make a small hole at the top of the gingerbread men using a skewer before baking and you'll be able to thread ribbon and hang from your Christmas tree. Decorating the gingerbread at the end is super fun for kids and will keep them amused for a good hour or two on a rainy day.
Prep time:10 minutes
Cook time:8 minutes

Ingredients:
125g (4 ozs.) Butter
2 1/2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
2 teaspoons ground Ginger
1 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1/2 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Egg Yolk

Directions:
1. Melt butter, sugar, and golden syrup in a pot over low to medium heat. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.

2. Beat in egg yolk and sift in dry ingredients.

3. Knead and roll out to 1/2cm thick. Use cookie cutter to cut out shapes.

4. Place shapes on baking tray on top of baking paper.

5. Bake at 180 degrees C for about 8 minutes. They are done when the edges are golden brown.

6. Remove from oven and allow to cool on rack before decorating.

To make it really fun for the kids, create several different coloured icings and have a variety of sprinkles, sugar balls and mini M&M's on hand. Use the icing to stick the decorations to the gingerbread.

ICING RECIPE
175g (6 ozs.) Icing Sugar
1 tablespoon Boiling Water
1 tablespoon Butter

Combine water and butter and stir in icing sugar. Divide mixture and add a drop or two of food colouring.
You can make icing bag by placing some of the icing in a small plastic bag (such as a plastic sandwich bag) and cutting a very small hole in one of the bottom corners.

sue1955, Aug 15, 2:25am
bump for pigletnz25

pigletnz25, Aug 15, 9:19am
thanks sue1955 I'll try this for hubby