Potato and leek soup - crockpot

hutch30, Jun 1, 10:43pm
does anyone have a recipe that i can do in the slow cooker? thanks. i prefer the creamy ones if possible.

minoo, Jun 1, 11:02pm
4 leeks, washed and chopped finely, 2 large onions, chopped finely, 8 large potatoes, peeled and chopped thinly, 100 gms butter, cracked pepper, dry chicken stock, 1 can evaporated milk (light or standard).Melt butter in crockpot, add leeks and onions, cracked pepper and dry chicken stock.Cover and cook until just slightly browned.Add potatoes and about 1 cup water.Leave to cook until falling apart.Pulverise with wand or put into blender.Add evaporated milk.Serve with dollop of sour cream and fresh grated nutmeg on top.(If too thick once blended, add some ordinary milk to get consistency required).

hutch30, Jun 1, 11:11pm
awesome thank you for that!!! i don't have evaporated milk, could i just liquid chicken stock instead?

minoo, Jun 2, 3:37am
You could, but using the evaporated milk gives it a lovely creamy taste and texture without the calories of cream, so probably milk would be better than just stock.I store the soup in the fridge in a sealed container and just spoon out what I want.It keeps refrigerated for 4 days (if it lasts that long!).You can also put it into pottles and freeze, then just defrost and reheat when you want to use it.