Stuffed Sausages

rosielee3, May 30, 10:16pm
I have venison sausages (millions of them!!) but tonight im going to stuff them. Do i need to cook them 1st then stuff? Or stuff then cook in oven? Thanks

tipsy_bl0nde, May 30, 10:29pm
i would recommend cooking first as id love to see you try to cut an uncooked sausage open :PGood luck

rosielee3, May 30, 10:53pm
Haha thanks .... i normally just make a curry/deviled dish for the boys with them!

jc_cw, May 31, 1:03am
you don't need to cook them first, I cut them open and use a wet tablespoon to push the sides apart so they look like little boats. Then I stuff them and bake them in the oven

uli, May 31, 1:16am
Do you realize that all you need to do is get the "peel" off and you have the most amazing start for a bolognese sauce?

Fry onions add the sausage (minus condom), add thyme, rosemary and basil (if in season), some chopped garlic and lots of peeled chopped tomatoes. Cook down and use over almost everything - even pasta :)

winnie231, May 31, 6:49am
I've been doing them this way for over 30 yrs. Used to love getting to take a cold one to school in my lunch box the next day :)

anne1955, May 31, 7:08am
I love venison sausages..Anyway I do stuffed smoked sav's I warm then through in the pot then cut down middle and flatten open on a tray, put your fav relish along middle then top with mashed spud and top with grated cheese and a few mins in oven under the grill till browned and yummy..