What do u bake??

angel_25, May 27, 8:51pm
when your baking what things do u like to bake..im going to do some baking with my girls today,..would love some ideas

jessie981, May 27, 9:19pm
My norms are chocolate crunch, choc caramel muffins, banana cake, choc cake & fudge slices. You can find recipes in lefthand message board. Key in what recipe you'd like then under date posted put anytime. Rnjoy.

cgvl, May 28, 12:34am
I make 2 to 3 different biscuits, a slice and sometimes a cake or muffins.
an example of what I might make: These are out of the edmonds cook book,
Vanilla biscuits, use same recipe to make choc chip biscuits, peanut brownies, anzac biscuits, hokey pokey or Afghans.
Slice: ginger crunch, louise cake, or a rolled oat one family one
Cake: choc, coffee, banana or carrot occasionally a light fruit cake
Loaves: gingerbread or coconut
Muffins: Blueberry or other fruit. Banana Oat with or without choc chips. Some fruit ones I add a dollop about ¼ tsp cream cheese in them.
Most of the recipes are available on here.

jennyfenny1, May 28, 12:46am
a few of my regulars:
slices- ginger crunch, choc weetbix slice, lollie cake, macaroon slice (new fav)

muffins - lemon poppyseed (crunchy topping), banana/choc chip (cinnamon sugar on top), cranberry/white choc, moist apple (crumble top),
as you may have noticed i like adding toppings to muffins to jazz them up a bit! oh and savory muffins

cakes - dairy-free/egg-free mint chocolate devils food cake (awsome for when you are short of the above ingredients!), sultana cake, choc brownies

lilyfield, May 28, 1:30am
I have just made the most delicious pinwheel scones.
scone dough rolled into a rectangle filled with tin of drained asparagus- handful grated cheese- herbygarlic salt as flavouring, one egg and a tablespoon of the dry sconemiz. all stirred together. rolled up tightly , cut into 2 cm slices and baked in very hot oven.

Very yummy

lythande1, May 28, 2:55am
Bread.

chaw1984, May 29, 8:00am
choc chip bikkies, choc mud cake, carrot cake, chinese chews, ginger crunch and feta and spinach scones. And its Gluten Free

kinna54, May 29, 9:18am
I love afghans, peanut brownies, choc muffins, louise cake, carrot cake, banana cake, shrewbury bics, vanilla bics, tea time loaf. Went all out yesterday and made 2 lots of soup, cheese and bacon bread, rhubarb crumble, afghans, and loaf, shattered today, made hotpot in slow cooker topped by pastry squares for dinner.

pinky2213, May 31, 8:54am
Hi just wondering do you mean the plain biscuit recipe from the edmonds cookbook?? Ive added sultanas to that one but not choc chips. Will have to give it a try. Thanks:)

kinna54, May 31, 11:12pm
This is the Edmonds recipe I adapted to make choc chip cookies, it's still one of the best. I have no idea why Edmonds took it out of the newer books. There plain bic recipe turns out a lot shorter, a bit drier and crunchier, still nice but I prefer this one for the choc chips.

Vanilla Biscuits

125g butter
125g sugar
Vanilla essence (few drops)
1 egg
225g flour
1tsp baking powder
50g sultanas ( replace with choc chips if desired)

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence together, add egg, then mix in dry ingredients.
Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls.
Put onto greased trays and flatten with a fork .
I flatten biscuits using a rounded bottom glass, lightly dusted in flour. It makes the
biscuits a more even shape: no cracked edges.}

Bake 15-20 mins at 190 deg C.

cgvl, May 31, 11:18pm
I have an old 1970's Edmonds cookbook and has a recipe called Vanilla Biscuits.

Kinna54 has copied it for you although mine uses slightly more sugar but less will make no difference. I add the sultana's or replace with choc chipc or do a fruit and nut one as well. Its a good versitile recipe.

pinky2213, Jun 1, 1:37am

rachbabe, Jun 1, 9:13am
My 4 yr old grandsons fav thing to mix and bake at the moment is the Edmonds one egg chocolate cake.
We mix the ingredients in a 2 litre jug because he tends to get it all over the table and floor if I give him a bowl and I help him pour it into a mini muffin tray. Then we sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top of each one.
We bake them for 5-10 mins at 160%c
The mixture is the perfect amount for a 24 hole mini muffin tray.
When cooled we ice and decorate.
I guess you would be able to use any cake mix for this :)
They are an adult bite (or two) size and a really good size/portion for his kindy lunchbox :)

jane40, Jun 1, 9:43am
neenish tarts
caramel walnut slice
peanut bownies
apple shortcake from edmonds cookbook
yum i wanna start baking now