Bread tag colours for freshness & days of week etc

m41, May 27, 6:10am
i remenber seeing this on herea while ago can someone please post so i can copy to a safe place it was the tags being differnt colour for different days of freshness .

2bakerz, May 27, 8:11am
Yes, here it is....very interesting as often the supermarket has the next day tags, even early on in the day!Mon White, Tues Pink ,Wed Blue, Thurs Yellow, Fri Red, Sat Green, Sun Apricot.

jessie981, May 27, 8:24am
Thanks m41. Saw yonks ago & wonder each time I buy bread. How are you going to remember the colours? Are they best by dates or dates baked?

gardie, May 27, 8:27am
Does the colour represent the day it is baked?And your comment about the next day tags; do you mean that on Tuesday, you can get blue ones?Or do you mean that On Tuesdays, the pink tag bread is available quite early in the morning?

coolnzmum, May 27, 8:29am
Most bread should have a 4 day best by date.Heavy breads like vogels will have a 3 day best by date.Easier to remember the 4 days than the colour of the tag but if you always shop on the same day you will know what colour tag you normally get.

kabre, May 27, 8:34am
This sounds interesting have never thought about the different colour tags, just thought it must have different bakers, can someone fill me in a little bit more thanks

wheelz, May 27, 9:08am
don't the tags have the dates stamped on them? That's what I go by.Much easier than remembering tag colours

kuaka, May 27, 9:19am
Sometimes the dates are very hard to read, especially if I've forgotten my specs, and sometimes the printing is very very faint - but I have a feeling that not all bread brands use the same colour system.