School Lunches

rusty-bones, May 27, 2:46am
For two 13yr old's that do alot of sports and are very tall. Any ideas, I just need a few new ones for a change. Any sandwhich ideas would be good too.

tipsy_bl0nde, May 27, 2:53am
these look and taste really yumm. i made these the other day for daughter (2)
http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2008/august/pizza-poppers

bubbleofbarb, May 27, 11:13am
Why not make mini quiches or muffin shaped frittatas (both have eggs for protein...good for holding out good energy levels...will keep them going for ages!).Or maybe cooking up some rice, add mixed veg and tin of tuna, my 15yr loves this!
Or leftover meat in a wrap wth salad veg...yum!Hope this helps!Oh, and for the mini quiche...i use a slice of bread rolled thinly for the crust (or you could use a tortilla wrap)

norse_westie, May 27, 7:41pm
I find my teenagers hate sandwiches or any quiche type things - not cool to be seen eating. They prefer plenty of food they can pick up and shove in. A boiled egg goes down well but I put it in a separate container so it doesnt stink out the lunchbox. Also multigrain corn thins (they look like polystyrene) spread thickly with peanut butter is great, fun and tasty. Peanut butter has a lot of energy in it.

Rollups: flat bread such as lebanese, or pita pockets (mine hate these as they say they taste stale) with cream cheese, ham or pastrami and some grated cheese are very popular as are full sized club sandwiches IF I can be bothered.

That new Mammoth food supply yoghurt for men is a hit with the teenage boys in this house (and me), especially the lemon one.

Vegies and rice crackers with a pottle of hummus - high energy and very tasty.