Has anyone used their crock pot as a small

t.gypsy, May 26, 9:10pm
Smoker?? with wood chips at the bottom and smoking some of their meats and what ever else to be smoked???

cookessentials, May 26, 10:28pm
No, cant say I have. I would think that the temp wont be hot enough though.

rarogal, May 27, 4:33am
Mmmmmm.....there was a crockpot hangi recipe on here the other day - I wonder if it would work with that!!

gerry64, May 27, 4:43am
Uused the BBq heaps of times with tea leaves - salmon is stunning done this way

t.gypsy, May 27, 9:10pm
Smoker! with wood chips at the bottom and smoking some of their meats and what ever else to be smoked!

t.gypsy, May 27, 11:54pm
thats what i am thinking myself. that i will be giving a try tommorow :D

illusion_, May 28, 4:08am
or you can use a wok

line wok with tinfoil, add sawdust/chips/whatever smoking material, add round rack, add fish (or whatever), cover with tinfoil, put lid on, wrap tinfoil edges down the sides at the top, put on element for required time.
Remove fish when done, remove and wash rack, carefully remove and dispose of tinfoil. Done. Simple and very clean and tidy.

rarogal, May 28, 4:33am
Mmmmmm.there was a crockpot hangi recipe on here the other day - I wonder if it would work with that!

mousely2, May 28, 4:39am
No but we have left our Crockpot under the Bed as a small something else..

illusion_, May 29, 4:08am
or you can use a wok

line wok with tinfoil, add sawdust/chips/whatever smoking material, add round rack, add fish (or whatever), cover with tinfoil, put lid on, wrap tinfoil edges down the sides at the top, put on element for required time.
Remove fish when done, remove and wash rack, carefully remove and dispose of tinfoil. Done. Simple and very clean and tidy.

Time to cook fish fillets is about 3min over the heat, then turn off the heat and leave for about 6 to 10 min for more smoke to permeate.

No doubt a frypan could also be used in this way

mousely2, May 29, 4:39am
No but we have left our Crockpot under the Bed as a small something else.