Fresh Gluten free pasta recipe - Yum!

pom-pom, May 26, 5:32am
I am feeling pleased with myself 'cos I just made fresh GF pasta and it tastes as good as any artisan stuff you can buy. The recipe is easy to make but you do need a food processor. Combine 2/3 cup brown rice flour plus 1/3 cup tapioca flour, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, 1/2 tsp good salt - blitz this dry together in processor to combine. In a separate jug whisk together 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tbsp water. Pour in slowly until the dough is formed. You may not have to use all the wet ingredients. If it gets a bit too wet add a tsp or two more of the brown rice flour and process again. Roll the pasta between two sheets of glad wrap until really thin. Cut into strips. Boil for 3 mins to cook. OK it's a fiddle but worth the effort as a treat!

frances1266, May 26, 10:13am
Sounds great pom-pom, thanks

pom-pom, Jun 26, 3:10am
This makes great ravioli too. Just roll into sheets and use a round pastry cutter. Add any filling you like. I tend to process leftover bolognese sauce or do spinach ricotta with nutmeg and seasoning - yum!

melford, Aug 19, 6:47am
I can highly recommend this recipe. I made it today and it is brilliant. So easy to mix and tastes great. Thank you pom-pom for sharing

pom-pom, May 26, 5:32am
I am feeling pleased with myself 'cos I just made fresh GF pasta and it tastes as good as any artisan stuff you can buy. The recipe is easy to make but you do need a food processor. Combine 2/3 cup brown rice flour plus 1/3 cup tapioca flour, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, 1/2 tsp good salt - blitz this dry together in processor to combine. In a separate jug whisk together 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tbsp water. Pour in slowly until the dough is formed. You may not have to use all the wet ingredients. If it gets a bit too wet add a tsp or two more of the brown rice flour and process again. Roll the pasta between two sheets of glad wrap until really thin. Cut into strips. Boil for 3 mins to cook. OK it's a fiddle but worth the effort as a treat!