Perfect poached eggs

pog_mo_thoin, May 26, 2:44am
how do you make perfect poached eggs like you get with eggs benny in a good cafe...i always make a balls of them

rainrain1, May 26, 2:48am
fresh eggs, straight from the chickens bott bott

jed, May 26, 3:18am
Heat fairly deep water with salt and a dribble of white vinegar.Use only fresh eggs.When water is at a rolling boil add eggs one at a time and leave to cook for 2 - 3 minutes.(Not in boiling water)Use a slotted spoon to lift cooked eggs out.Should be just right.The white vinegar helps the whites to stay close to the yolks.Good luck.

pog_mo_thoin, May 26, 3:21am
hmm i was always told to put them in when there's bubbles just starting to come off the bottom of the pan ....i also tired the whole spinning water vortex trick and it worked once or twice but the other times the white just went everywhere and left the yoke naked in the middle of the pan ...will try your method next time .

jbsouthland, May 26, 6:57am
Deep pan of water...bench temp eggs...lots of room in pan...when rolling boilbreak into...once water comes back to the boil turn off ...wait 3 mins...slotted spoon onto a side plate.... leave few secsthen gently drain off excess water then lift dry egg onto toast/plate etc....I always seemed to have soggy toast till I started the plate draining...I don't add vinegar or swirl the water.I'dalso like to try those siliconpod poaches .

chchgurl, May 26, 7:23am
Mircowave - Yes I know.

Just need one of those traditional microwave bowls, boil water in jug first. Then pour into bowl. Crack eggs into bowl and zap for 1 minute - maybe more, maybe less depending on the strength of your microwave and depending on if you keep eggs in fridge or cupboard. Perfect eggs every morning in 1 minute :)

Edit to add I do max of 2 eggs at a time this way.

survivorr, Dec 5, 6:17am
Well after years of trying to have nice poached eggs I finally managed it tonight.Got the water spinning and carefully put the egg in.I tried it recently and it didn't work but a work colleague said to spin the water clockwise not anticlockwise.Worked tonight

survivorr, Dec 5, 7:30am
Seems wierd but it did work.And I remembered that I've heard something similar some time ago.