Carob - powder or block?

lindar, May 26, 1:57am
I have little knowledge of this, but want to whiz up dates, coconut,cashews and carob to make balls as snacks. What type of carob is best? Our super market did not have any sort.

lindar, May 27, 1:57am
I have little knowledge of this, but want to whiz up dates, coconut,cashews and carob to make balls as snacks. What type of carob is best! Our super market did not have any sort.

darkestangel1, May 24, 10:54pm
Does anyone have any suggestions please!

frances1266, May 25, 5:12am
I havent used carob for a number of years but I remember there was a dark and a light one.I think the light one was the best but sorry cant really remember.Would try them both.Think the Bin Inn has carob so you could buy a small quantity and see if you like it.I used to make a drink that was really good that had a coffee substitute like Caro in it as well as carob and that was really nice.Your snacks sound like they would be good to me.Some people dont like carob, they expect it to taste like chocolate but if you look on it as a new product am sure you will like it.
Might have a go at your carob truffles myself.Carob is very high in calcium.

angel404, May 25, 7:26am
That sounds like a recipe i use to make carob balls except i use raisins instead of dates and also add coconut oil to it. I cant find carob at the supermarket either so have been getting it from Binn Inn and they only have the one type of powder!