Has anyone a good recipe for banana cake

Page 1 / 2
badams1, May 25, 5:28am
im an old school cake decorator,ive been asked to bake an ice a bananna cake. two teirs, help......appreciated.

grannypam, May 25, 5:29am
stevesm8 has a great banana cake recipe..

badams1, May 25, 5:48am
thankyou grannypam, im sure others will have a good bulky one. rich fruit cake, my expertise. because,its a wedder,its got to be really special.

jessie981, May 25, 6:26am
Out on this one. Baked a double quantity from Edmonds recipe in the weekend & it was dry. Going to tryAunt Daisy recipe next time as it is more sponge than cake. Plus I don't ever bake any recipes that contain oil..

jessie981, May 25, 6:28am
Can you pse give a link. Doesn't come up under user name in l/h message board. Thanx.

beastie3, May 25, 6:29am
Actually the Edmonds one is the only one I use....if its dry just add more milk at the end.It's'dropping' consistency you're looking for. Recipes don't always have to be followed to the T. You can change them to suit here & there

badams1, May 25, 6:29am
thanks jessie, that saved me time. let me know, if you find anything. may have to do a trial bake, with all my years of experience. never measure anything, ...i know....

badams1, May 25, 6:33am
thanks beastie3 im more concerned ,about wether, the cake will leak ,once cooked,to the decorating. have made the flowers,hundreds ,of them, should be a stunner.

beastie3, May 25, 6:39am
I made one for a 16th birthday recently (request from birthday boy) and did'nt have any probs...although it was just a rich butter icing....not sure what you're using....sounds awesome tho.

mackenzie2, May 25, 6:42am
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE Beat 3 eggs, 1.5 cups sugar, then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and 3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all, then add 2 cups white flour 1.5 tsp of baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda Beat till nice and smooth bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy. Sorry left out some info...I bake mine in either a high sided 22inch tin or if I want to strech the servings in a larger square

badams1, May 25, 6:52am
mackenzie, thankyou, that could be a goer, thou, must admit, have a block regarding ,using oil, instead of rich moist butter.you guys are great, keep them coming ....xoh beastie, i will cover in white platiic fondant, royal icing flowers. black roses, shhh dont tell sam mccreedy...

pamellie, May 25, 7:15am
Banana Cake

150g Butter
250g sugar
3 eggs
5 bananas
5 tbsp boiling milk
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
375g flour

Cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs.
Add mashed bananas.
Stir in baking soda and milk, previously mixed.
Fold in flour and baking powder.
Bake 180c 50 – 60 minutes.

badams1, May 25, 7:17am
pamellie, hows the texture of this one,,,,

kinna54, May 25, 8:32am
I always use the Edmonds one but I always add extra bananas I think it says 2, I add 4 and better still from the freezer. Have never had a dry one yet. Cooking time is very important tho, err on the underdone side, I check mine constantly in the last 10mins of cooking, continually testing with a skewer.

badams1, May 25, 8:55am
kinna54, cooking time for banana cake ,is so important..check, check..

r-mvz, May 25, 9:52am
BANANA CAKE WITH CRUNCHY WALNUT TOPPING

125g butter
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
3 bananas
1/4 cup milk

Place soft butter and sugar in large bowl. Mix until smooth. Add eggs then bananas. Add flour, baking powder and milk. Mix until flour is just mixed in.

Trick is don't overmix a banana cake otherwise it will go gluggy.

Spread into greased circle tin. (I use a bunt cake tin). Next add topping.

TOPPING

2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts

Melt butter and add remaining ingredients, combine together and drizzle over the cake.

Bake at 180oC 35-40 mins.

badams1, May 26, 4:41am
thanks for the hint, nice topping, will make for the cake tin. r-mvz

badams1, May 26, 5:28am
im an old school cake decorator,ive been asked to bake an ice a bananna cake. two teirs, help.appreciated.

grannypam, May 26, 5:29am
stevesm8 has a great banana cake recipe.

jessie981, May 26, 6:26am
Out on this one. Baked a double quantity from Edmonds recipe in the weekend & it was dry. Going to tryAunt Daisy recipe next time as it is more sponge than cake. Plus I don't ever bake any recipes that contain oil.

jessie981, May 26, 6:28am
Can you pse give a link. Doesn't come up under user name in l/h message board. Thanx.

beastie3, May 26, 6:29am
Actually the Edmonds one is the only one I use.if its dry just add more milk at the end.It's'dropping' consistency you're looking for. Recipes don't always have to be followed to the T. You can change them to suit here & there

badams1, May 26, 6:29am
thanks jessie, that saved me time. let me know, if you find anything. may have to do a trial bake, with all my years of experience. never measure anything, .i know.

beastie3, May 26, 6:39am
I made one for a 16th birthday recently (request from birthday boy) and did'nt have any probs.although it was just a rich butter icing.not sure what you're using.sounds awesome tho.

mackenzie2, May 26, 6:42am
SOUR CREAM BANANA CAKE Beat 3 eggs, 1.5 cups sugar, then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and 3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all, then add 2 cups white flour 1.5 tsp of baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda Beat till nice and smooth bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy. Sorry left out some info.I bake mine in either a high sided 22inch tin or if I want to strech the servings in a larger square