Cookies & Cream slice

tarankyle, May 25, 1:22am
I just brought a slice from New World that is a cookies & cream slice. It is so devine I will be hiding it from the kids lol does anyone know how this slice is made? Thanks in advance :-)

cookessentials, May 25, 3:21am
Have a look at this link, not sure if it's exactly what you want.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4990/cookies+cream+slice

tarankyle, May 25, 4:44am
for some reason I cannot open that link, are you able to copy & paste it for me please, thanks :-)

245sam, May 25, 4:53am
Not sure why you're not able to open the link - I had no problems at all so here is the recipe but it's minus the picture that you would have seen on that link.....

Cookies & cream slice
Makes 12.

Ingredients
350g Oreo biscuits
150g unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp powdered gelatine
400g cream cheese
300ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
200g white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
Melted dark chocolate, to drizzle

Method
Line a 4cm-deep, 18 x 25cm lamington pan with plastic wrap.

Place 250g of the biscuits in a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Add the butter, process to combine, then press the mixture into the base of the pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Sprinkle the gelatine over 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water in a heatproof cup. Place the cup in a pan of gently simmering water and stir the gelatine to dissolve.

Place the cream cheese, cream, vanilla and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until smooth. Stir in the gelatine mixture and melted white chocolate.

Roughly chop the remaining biscuits and stir through, then pour the cream cheese mixture over the chilled base.

Cover with plastic wrap and return to the fridge to set overnight.

Drizzle with the melted dark chocolate just before serving, then slice in the pan.

Notes
Begin this recipe the day before.:-))

tarankyle, May 25, 7:00am
Thanks heaps for that :-)sounds nice so I may give it a go :-)

tarankyle, May 26, 1:22am
I just brought a slice from New World that is a cookies & cream slice. It is so devine I will be hiding it from the kids lol does anyone know how this slice is made! Thanks in advance :-)

cookessentials, May 26, 3:21am
Have a look at this link, not sure if it's exactly what you want.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/4990/cookies+cream+slice

245sam, May 26, 4:53am
Not sure why you're not able to open the link - I had no problems at all so here is the recipe but it's minus the picture that you would have seen on that link.

Cookies & cream slice
Makes 12.

Ingredients
350g Oreo biscuits
150g unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp powdered gelatine
400g cream cheese
300ml thickened cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
200g white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
Melted dark chocolate, to drizzle

Method
Line a 4cm-deep, 18 x 25cm lamington pan with plastic wrap.

Place 250g of the biscuits in a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Add the butter, process to combine, then press the mixture into the base of the pan. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Sprinkle the gelatine over 1/4 cup (60ml) cold water in a heatproof cup. Place the cup in a pan of gently simmering water and stir the gelatine to dissolve.

Place the cream cheese, cream, vanilla and caster sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer, and beat until smooth. Stir in the gelatine mixture and melted white chocolate.

Roughly chop the remaining biscuits and stir through, then pour the cream cheese mixture over the chilled base.

Cover with plastic wrap and return to the fridge to set overnight.

Drizzle with the melted dark chocolate just before serving, then slice in the pan.

Notes
Begin this recipe the day before.:-))