Black truffle oil

castlerea, May 22, 6:14am
I've been given a small bottle of black truffle oil, which I assume is for drizzling over something rather than for a fry-up - but would appreciate some tips for using it! What would you do with it?

mouse_y, May 22, 6:15am
pasta .. sparingly

martine5, May 22, 7:41am
You can also mix it up with scrambled eggs.Truffle oil is, to my mind, a very aquired taste.Year ago when I lived in Sydney I had a seven course meal, the second dish was roasted parsnip soup served it a truffle infused poached egg.The flavour repeated on me all day, and if I never taste truffle or truffle oil again I will be happy.Hope you like it more than me!!

cookessentials, May 22, 9:56am
on risotto. I watched a programme on truffles yesterday and apparently all truffle oil is not made using natural truffles.

castlerea, May 22, 10:55am
I like the idea of having it on risotto or pasta, might give that a go.Thanks for the tips.

castlerea, May 23, 6:14am
I've been given a small bottle of black truffle oil, which I assume is for drizzling over something rather than for a fry-up - but would appreciate some tips for using it! What would you do with it!

mouse_y, May 23, 6:15am
pasta . sparingly

martine5, May 23, 7:41am
You can also mix it up with scrambled eggs.Truffle oil is, to my mind, a very aquired taste.Year ago when I lived in Sydney I had a seven course meal, the second dish was roasted parsnip soup served it a truffle infused poached egg.The flavour repeated on me all day, and if I never taste truffle or truffle oil again I will be happy.Hope you like it more than me!