Avacados anyway to slow down

angie117, May 22, 4:50am
the ripening process. I have been given a bucket of avacados, which are not ready to eat yet, but I dont want them all getting ripe at the same time, is there anyway of slowing down the ripening process, or should I just give alot away.

1oliverk, May 22, 4:55am
I put mine in fridge I think it helps

toadfish, May 22, 5:35am
When I have alot I store them in the vege bin of the fridge when they are hard... then I bring out one at a time and sit them on the window sill, then when its ripe enough... we start to eat that one and pop another one on the ledge. ... If they ripen and I am not needing them I pop them back in the fridge and that stops them ripening any further... seems to work for me.

PS I have also heard to keep them away from apples or they will all ripen at once...

martine5, May 22, 7:43am
keep them away from rice, bananas and kiwifruit which all accelerate the ripening process.

toadfish, May 23, 5:35am
When I have alot I store them in the vege bin of the fridge when they are hard. then I bring out one at a time and sit them on the window sill, then when its ripe enough. we start to eat that one and pop another one on the ledge. . If they ripen and I am not needing them I pop them back in the fridge and that stops them ripening any further. seems to work for me.

PS I have also heard to keep them away from apples or they will all ripen at once.