Sweet Corn and Chicken Chowder

eternity04, May 22, 3:30am
I had a lovely recipe given to me awhile ago and I have missed placed the book that it was in. It had potatoes, onion, chicken, corn etc in it. If anyone has a recipe that is like it, I would be really greatful.

TIA Jan...

korban, May 22, 7:26am
Bump - I would like a recipe for this soup too.

grandma, May 22, 9:44am
Me too please!

ruby19, May 22, 7:58pm
This is a family fav, which I am sure you could add some cooked chicken to.

Sweetcorn chowder,
2 large potatoes peeled & cubed
1 large onion chopped,
2 tbsp butter
2 cups water
2 tsp maggie green herb stock
1 400g tin creamed corn
1 cup corn kernals (frozen)
1/2 cup water
1 cup milk,
2 tbsp basil pesto
salt and pepper
pinch cayenne
1/2 cup sour cream

Saute the onions in butter until soft and golden do not brown, add the cubed potatoes water and stock powder and cook potatoes until just tender, add the creamed corn, water milk, sour cream, and gently bring to a boil, then simmer until heated through. Add the pesto and seasonings.

janny3, May 22, 10:49pm
Yes I'd love the Chinese Corn & Chicken recipe that has strings of egg white through it, please.

pmh42, May 23, 12:23am
Try this one. You could add cooked chicken and bacon if you like.

Corn and Chicken Soup
1 Tblspoon oil
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 chopped onion
2 tsp chicken stock
2 cups water
1 small tin cream style corn
1 beaten egg
chopped parsley

Heat oil gently and cook garlic and onion. Stir in water and stock and cook for 3 mins. Add corn and when almost boiling, stir in beaten egg

pmh42, May 23, 12:26am
Oops, I missed the last bit of the corn and chicken soup

I meant to add to pour in the beaten egg in a slow stream. Stir in chopped parsley and serve at once

eternity04, May 23, 3:30am
I had a lovely recipe given to me awhile ago and I have missed placed the book that it was in. It had potatoes, onion, chicken, corn etc in it. If anyone has a recipe that is like it, I would be really greatful.

TIA Jan.

janny3, May 23, 10:49pm
Yes I'd love the Chinese Corn & Chicken recipe that has strings of egg white through it, please.