SOMETHING SO SIMPLE BUT SOMETHING I DONT KNOW....

jelliebeen, May 21, 7:58am
My partner bought a packet of semolina tonite from supermarket wanting me to make it up, unfortunately it doesnt come with instructions on back of packet and Im not sure on how to make it up in regard to quantity of semolina and fluid etc, if someone kind enough out there is able to tell me it will make my night run smooth and stressfree and a very happy chappie :)
Thanks heaps in advance for anyone that can help....

korbo, May 21, 8:04am
awe, love it, but have no idea how to make it. had it in hospital many times during a 4 mth stay.
I cant believe there are no instructions.
Maybe heat say 1-2cups milk, with a tablespoon of sugar, when almost boiling, add 2-4 tblsp of semolina...and stir well. dont hard boil tho.
hope someone else can help

jelliebeen, May 21, 8:09am
yes it is hospital mushy food aye.... but its easy for him to swallow and makes my nite a peaceful one....hehehe... thanks heaps for that korbo :)

pickles7, May 21, 8:10am
Thank him, and suggest he gets in touch with his feminine side and cook it, for you. pssssst. look over his shoulder.

lilyfield, May 21, 8:35am
600 ml milk- 45 grams semolina- a bit of butter- sugar- lemon zest or vanilla. Boil in microwave- it burns easy on stove top. About 10 minutes on simmer.

serve with fruit syrup on top-- yummy.

marcs, May 22, 5:47am
Make semolina porridge with sultanas, nuts, vanilla and sugar otherwise syrup cakes use semolina. Google semolina Halva and maybe follow that recipe. They are yum to eat as well. Here are some sites anyway. I would love to make the first one

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipe/608/Basbousa http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipe/1332/Halva__(Greek_semolina_cake)

jelliebeen, May 22, 7:58am
My partner bought a packet of semolina tonite from supermarket wanting me to make it up, unfortunately it doesnt come with instructions on back of packet and Im not sure on how to make it up in regard to quantity of semolina and fluid etc, if someone kind enough out there is able to tell me it will make my night run smooth and stressfree and a very happy chappie :)
Thanks heaps in advance for anyone that can help.

korbo, May 22, 8:04am
awe, love it, but have no idea how to make it. had it in hospital many times during a 4 mth stay.
I cant believe there are no instructions.
Maybe heat say 1-2cups milk, with a tablespoon of sugar, when almost boiling, add 2-4 tblsp of semolina.and stir well. dont hard boil tho.
hope someone else can help

jelliebeen, May 22, 8:09am
yes it is hospital mushy food aye. but its easy for him to swallow and makes my nite a peaceful one.hehehe. thanks heaps for that korbo :)