Lamb Knuckles......

filofax1, May 21, 4:41am
I got these for my dog....but thinking of cooking them up for dinner......Any quick and tasty meal suggestions with my dogs dinner?

rainrain1, May 21, 4:55am
Long and slow cooking or soup bones:-)

filofax1, May 21, 5:04am
Any recipes for a crock pot soup?

rainrain1, May 21, 5:18am
just throw in your bones in to the water, 2 grated carrot, 2 chopped onions, A bit of chopped celery, lge grated potato, bit of grated pumpkin (don't overdo the veg though, because you can spoil the flavour with too much variety I think) 1/2 to 3/4 cup barley split peas etc, and go from there, Salt to taste, and taste again later. Chopped parsley before serving..... it will need to cook a long while in the crockpot, maybe overnight....I always do mine on the top of the stove, because it is quicker for me, but next time I am going with the crockpot

lythande1, May 21, 5:58am
Dog??!!! My god, your dog eats better than me.

filofax1, May 21, 6:09am
Awesome.....thanks for your help.....it sounds delish.....:)

rainrain1, May 22, 5:18am
just throw in your bones in to the water, 2 grated carrot, 2 chopped onions, A bit of chopped celery, lge grated potato, bit of grated pumpkin (don't overdo the veg though, because you can spoil the flavour with too much variety I think) 1/2 to 3/4 cup barley split peas etc, and go from there, Salt to taste, and taste again later. Chopped parsley before serving. it will need to cook a long while in the crockpot, maybe overnight.I always do mine on the top of the stove, because it is quicker for me, but next time I am going with the crockpot

lythande1, May 22, 5:58am
Dog!! My god, your dog eats better than me.

fifie, May 22, 6:29am
Spicy Lamb Knuckles. For slow cooker.
6 lamb knuckles,2 tsp sesame oil, onion diced,2 cloves garlic chopped,2cm piece of fresh ginger grated, 2 cups hot water, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 star anise, 2 cloves, small chilli chopped optional,2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sherry, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cornflour to thicken.
Turn slow cooker on to high to heat up, put oil in a frying pan and add onion, garlic ginger,cook for 5 minutes till onion is transparent put in S/cooker. add hot water and all ingredients except cornflour, then place in the lamb knuckles lid on and cook 7-9 hours on low OR until meat is tender. Lift out meat strain and keep the cooking liquid throw out the bits and pieces. Thicken liquid with a little cornflour and place knuckles and liquid back in cooker, leave a while to cook on low or warm, serve on brown or white rice with vegetables. from Alison and Simon Holsts slow cooker book.