Oxtail soup recipe please

non, May 21, 2:57am
Would like a recipe that has been tried and tested as YUMMY.If you have a tasty recipe you wouldnt mind sharing Id love to try it out too.Many thanks.

lythande1, May 21, 6:00am
2kg oxtails
½ cup oil
6 carrots, diced
6 potatoes, diced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 large can tomatoes
4 stalks celery, chopped
salt and pepper
5 tablespoons plain flour
7 cups water
garlic to taste
2 bay leaves

Brown oxtails in a pan with oil. Place oxtails into a large pot and drain oil from pan.
Pour 1 cup of water in pan to remove brown bits, then pour into pot with oxtails.
Add vegetables to pot. Put cloves with bay leaves in a muslin bag and drop into pot with remaining water.
Make sure meat is well covered by adding more water, if necessary. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 hours, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface.
When meat falls off the bones, remove pot from heat. Strain into a large bowl (this makes it easy to remove all bones and muslin bag). Return liquid and meat with vegetables to pot.
In frypan heat 2 tablespoons oil, stir in flour and add some stock, if needed, to blend smoothly. When smooth, add to soup pot.
Cook soup until required, stirring occasionally.

One thing, whatever I make with oxtail, I let it cool right down and sit till that yellow fat forms, then remove it. Otherwise it's a bit too fatty.

rainrain1, May 21, 6:08am
what do you do with the oxtail after you take it from the soup?

non, May 21, 6:15am
cool - i'll let you know how it goes. thankyou

lythande1, May 22, 6:00am
2kg oxtails
½ cup oil
6 carrots, diced
6 potatoes, diced
1 cup onion, chopped
1 large can tomatoes
4 stalks celery, chopped
salt and pepper
5 tablespoons plain flour
7 cups water
garlic to taste
2 bay leaves

Brown oxtails in a pan with oil. Place oxtails into a large pot and drain oil from pan.
Pour 1 cup of water in pan to remove brown bits, then pour into pot with oxtails.
Add vegetables to pot. Put cloves with bay leaves in a muslin bag and drop into pot with remaining water.
Make sure meat is well covered by adding more water, if necessary. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 hours, skimming off any scum that rises to the surface.
When meat falls off the bones, remove pot from heat. Strain into a large bowl (this makes it easy to remove all bones and muslin bag). Return liquid and meat with vegetables to pot.
In frypan heat 2 tablespoons oil, stir in flour and add some stock, if needed, to blend smoothly. When smooth, add to soup pot.
Cook soup until required, stirring occasionally.

One thing, whatever I make with oxtail, I let it cool right down and sit till that yellow fat forms, then remove it. Otherwise it's a bit too fatty.

rainrain1, May 22, 6:08am
what do you do with the oxtail after you take it from the soup!

non, May 22, 6:15am
cool - i'll let you know how it goes. thankyou