Turbo convection oven [glass bowl sits on bench]

niffer13, May 20, 8:26pm
HELP PLEASE I have just bought one of these ovens but no recipes with it . Wondered if I could slice apple & place a "butterflied" chicken on top. Similar to the pork cooked on master chef. Hubby says I would need chicken on a tray as it cooks with the air all around it.

cookessentials, May 20, 9:11pm
Did you buy it from a store or on Trademe? as the new ones usually have a wire trivet that comes with them and also a recipe book.

niffer13, May 20, 10:03pm
I have the wire rack . I bought 2 on trademe. 1 easy cook which I gave to my aunty good cook book with it. Mine a flavour wave no recipe book just instuctions on how to use. Cant ask my auntyto read me out her recipes as she is on holiday & I want to cook for visiters tomorrow night. Did a chicken last night with veg & that was yum

brp, May 21, 2:05am
i have brought 1 as well from 1day, they only have a couple of recipes in a pamphlet that came with it. I would think you would need to cook on the wire rack also. I have used mine a few times roast lamb, chicken an pork and also chops I to would be keen on recipes. The things i have cooked so far have been delish

niffer13, May 21, 2:18am
Just done date scones. Look gr8 too hot for the taste test. Hotest temp Heat tray while mixing scones 10 min approx put scones on baking paper [circle cut into wedges] Approx 8 min then turned over to brown bottoms. As I haven't made scones in ages due to being 2 mean to turn oven on for 1 batch I am very impressed.
However my banana cake [ring tin] looked cooked until I turned it out raw on the bottom. Hole in middle filled with raw mixture so I put in a pie dish re cooked waiting til cuppa time to test. Had I done that in ordinary oven it would have been burnt so if my cake is eatible& tasty I will be wrapped.

niffer13, May 21, 2:19am
P.S. There are some good video on google. Pop corn looks fun grand kids will love that. Also they were cooking with out the rack. Veg & stock with beef roast on top.

niffer13, May 21, 3:03am
I meant I cut the circle of dough into wedges not the baking paper.

loislane1, May 21, 9:13am
Yes you can cook like you said - chicken on apple base. I would put the apple base in a circular pan (maybe a cake tin or similar) and then chicken on top, but put the pan on one of the trivets so that the tin isn't sitting on the base of the glass bowl.

cookessentials, May 21, 9:11pm
Did you buy it from a store or on Trademe! as the new ones usually have a wire trivet that comes with them and also a recipe book.

niffer13, May 22, 2:18am
Just done date scones. Look gr8 too hot for the taste test. Hotest temp Heat tray while mixing scones 10 min approx put scones on baking paper [circle cut into wedges] Approx 8 min then turned over to brown bottoms. As I haven't made scones in ages due to being 2 mean to turn oven on for 1 batch I am very impressed.
However my banana cake [ring tin] looked cooked until I turned it out raw on the bottom. Hole in middle filled with raw mixture so I put in a pie dish re cooked waiting til cuppa time to test. Had I done that in ordinary oven it would have been burnt so if my cake is eatible& tasty I will be wrapped.

loislane1, May 22, 9:13am
Yes you can cook like you said - chicken on apple base. I would put the apple base in a circular pan (maybe a cake tin or similar) and then chicken on top, but put the pan on one of the trivets so that the tin isn't sitting on the base of the glass bowl.