Apricot slice

dreamers, May 16, 5:53am
Tried a slice from a cafe and would love to make it ,I am pretty sure it was an uncooked one with pieces of apricot through it as well as a topping of chopped apricots and apricot jam as it ran down the side of the slice and also melted white choc to decorate on top.There was no coconut in it.I have googled every optionbut nothing is coming up that looks like it .

lx4000, May 16, 6:07am
do you think it had cookie crumbs and condensed milk in it? Maybe play around with that recipe:)

heffa_06, May 16, 6:10am
Don't know if this helps but try it any way.

125g butter, 90g brown sugar, 1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk, 1 pkt finely crushed plain biscuits, 1c dried apricots chopped up.

Melt the butter, sugar, and condensed milk. add crushed biscuits and apricots.

press into a gressed/lined tin. I guess then you could add your topping, then chill in the fridge

dreamers, May 16, 6:35am
Thanks for the posts,will have a go

leebee35, May 16, 6:57am
I think I tried a similar slice - however they had pistachios in the icing. yummy

samboy, May 17, 1:06am
You can add anything to the basic recipe, I put chopped lemon in and ice with lemon icing, my neighbour uses orange and I have used chocolate chips, coconut, cherries, raisin and coconut makes a nice Christmas slice.

lx4000, May 17, 6:07am
do you think it had cookie crumbs and condensed milk in it! Maybe play around with that recipe:)

heffa_06, May 17, 6:10am
Don't know if this helps but try it any way.

125g butter, 90g brown sugar, 1/2 tin sweetened condensed milk, 1 pkt finely crushed plain biscuits, 1c dried apricots chopped up.

Melt the butter, sugar, and condensed milk. add crushed biscuits and apricots.

press into a gressed/lined tin. I guess then you could add your topping, then chill in the fridge