Gingerbeer recipe

drinny, May 14, 5:57am
I need a gingerbeer recipe, an old recipe for the bug and how to make the gingerbeer.
Thanks

horizons_, May 14, 10:17pm
Google is your friend.

huggy5, May 14, 10:40pm
I'm interested in this too, but not too fond of using google for recipes, I'd rather have tried and true ones.Which is why I use this forum!

ry5, May 15, 12:30am
I had a recipe years ago that used a bug,from memory start the bug in a large agee preserving jar with:

2 tsp dried yeast
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp sugar
top up with tepid water
cover with muslin cloth and alternate 1 tsp sugar or 1 tsp ginger each day for a week.You can tell that the yeast has activated by little bubbles rising to the top.After 7 days split the bug in 1/2, reserving one half for the bug and the other 1/2 to make your brew.This is where my memory fades unfortunately, as I can't remember the quantities to make up the brew.I do know that it made 1 doz old style beer bottles.And I also remember that you need to squeeze a lot of lemons!I hope this is helpful.

byder, May 15, 3:35am
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Ginger-Ale
I've just made up two new batches with this recipe and it tastes delicious, just like the Bundaberg Ginger Beer.

resolutionx, May 15, 3:40am
GINGER BEER PLANT

1. Put in container (not metal) 1/2 cup sugar 1 dessertspoon ground ginger juice of 1 lemon 480 ml water Stand 3 days
2. Pour off half water and feed for 10 days 1 teaspoon ginger and 1 teaspoon sugar
3. BEER Dissolve 4 cups sugar in 3 cups boiling water
4. Strain bug through cloth (I used 2 thicknesses of muslin) and squeeze well.
5. Add juice from plant to sugar mixture.
6. Add juice 2 lemons, 25 cups cold water and bottle
7. RENEW PLANT Keep 1/2 plant left in the cloth (give the other half to a friend) Put it back into the jar and add 1 cup warm water, 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 teaspoons ginger
8. Feed with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon ginger for 1 week

huggy5, May 15, 10:40pm
I'm interested in this too, but not too fond of using google for recipes, I'd rather have tried and true ones.Which is why I use this forum!

ry5, May 16, 12:30am
I had a recipe years ago that used a bug,from memory start the bug in a large agee preserving jar with:

2 tsp dried yeast
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp sugar
top up with tepid water
cover with muslin cloth and alternate 1 tsp sugar or 1 tsp ginger each day for a week.You can tell that the yeast has activated by little bubbles rising to the top.After 7 days split the bug in 1/2, reserving one half for the bug and the other 1/2 to make your brew.This is where my memory fades unfortunately, as I can't remember the quantities to make up the brew.I do know that it made 1 doz old style beer bottles.And I also remember that you need to squeeze a lot of lemons!I hope this is helpful.

byder, May 16, 3:35am
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Ginger-Ale
I've just made up two new batches with this recipe and it tastes delicious, just like the Bundaberg Ginger Beer.