Ok Stupid question about cupcakes vs muffins

aimz_bj, May 12, 2:34am
I have found a book I rather like and its a recipe book of cupcakes.I hardly ever make cupcakes!Infact I think I have only ever done it once.

My question is, would I be able to use the cupcake recipes but put them into muffin tins instead?I mean obviously I could, but does it affect the way it cooks or how long it lasts...

cookessentials, May 12, 2:52am
Absolutley. Cupcakes are a version of the old "butterfly cake", so i see no reason why you cannot make them in a muffin tin. You will obviously find that the recipe wont make as many as you are using larger pans.

aimz_bj, May 12, 3:00am
Ok great!Yeah I thought that I wouldnt get as many by using the receipe provided but thought if I did a double mixture it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

aimz_bj, May 13, 2:34am
I have found a book I rather like and its a recipe book of cupcakes.I hardly ever make cupcakes!Infact I think I have only ever done it once.

My question is, would I be able to use the cupcake recipes but put them into muffin tins instead!I mean obviously I could, but does it affect the way it cooks or how long it lasts.