Try this bread maker recipe!

lindylambchops1, May 11, 8:04am
I used the standard basic white loaf & added a packet of tomato cup a soup, dried Italian herbs & the oil dregs of the sun dried tomato jar.The bread was a super colour & tasted delicious!

korbo, May 11, 10:03am
mmm. sound lovely. a man in the supermarket the other day told me he often puts 1/2 packet of maggi onion soup in his. did the loaf go pinky/red tho.

lindylambchops1, May 12, 6:26am
Yes the bread was a lovely colour!Everyone loved it.It went great with leftover lamb casserole made into soup the next day.I like the onion soup idea too.Thanks!

sat3, May 12, 7:58am
Hi Lindylambchops I see you have done the bread in the crock pot... can you offer some advice on my problem.
#

I tried this today and thought at that 2 hours it was not "done" as the top looked very moist and very pale, so left it in for some more time.

Have finally pulled it out as the top did not seem to change and it is very crusty.

I have a couple of questions.

How can I tell if it is "done" when the top looks uncooked.
There seems to be a lot of moisture build up on the lid, should I be trying to avoid this and how would I do this.

Ok have seen more recent photos..... and mine looks uncooked on the top and overcooked on the sides.

In fact I have got the chainsaw out ( just kidding) and hacked into it, Have sliced off all the uncooked and half cooked stuff and some of the hard crust.

The birds are going to have a feast in the morning!.

Just having a look at the size of some of your loaves I think the mixture may have been too much for my crock. It came right to the top. Perhaps I should halve the mixture?

Any help appreciated as I enjoy making it and would love to make it on a regular basis.

sat3, May 13, 7:58am
Hi Lindylambchops I see you have done the bread in the crock pot. can you offer some advice on my problem.
#

I tried this today and thought at that 2 hours it was not "done" as the top looked very moist and very pale, so left it in for some more time.

Have finally pulled it out as the top did not seem to change and it is very crusty.

I have a couple of questions.

How can I tell if it is "done" when the top looks uncooked.
There seems to be a lot of moisture build up on the lid, should I be trying to avoid this and how would I do this.

Ok have seen more recent photos. and mine looks uncooked on the top and overcooked on the sides.

In fact I have got the chainsaw out ( just kidding) and hacked into it, Have sliced off all the uncooked and half cooked stuff and some of the hard crust.

The birds are going to have a feast in the morning!.

Just having a look at the size of some of your loaves I think the mixture may have been too much for my crock. It came right to the top. Perhaps I should halve the mixture!

Any help appreciated as I enjoy making it and would love to make it on a regular basis.

lindylambchops1, May 13, 8:09am
Sorry I haven't made the crockpot bread as yet, but it is on my to do list.

robyn35, May 13, 9:26am
have you tried putting tin foil over top of the crockpot under the lid, need to make sure that no condensation is getting into the bread