RUMP STEAK

royboy3, May 11, 2:43am
What is the and easiest way to cook a rump???

kinna54, May 11, 5:17am
A whole rump? I assume
Cover in french onion soup mix.
If desired you can add to that some whole grain mustard, horseradish and crushed garlic.
reserve your meat drippings for the gravy.

joaopnz, May 11, 5:49am
Rump stake is a prime meat... The Rumo steak in New Zealand is made out of 3 diferent cuts of meat(based on Brazilian Cut, and believe me we understand about it).

If you stretch the Rump Steak you should see where it joins. You will see a long narrow piece with a thin layer of fat on the side(Ideally it would a thick layer of fat, but in New Zealand they remove that fat). That's the best part of it. This should be cooked Rare/Medium Rare. Its called Cap of Rump.

You them have a big, round piece. This still nice but its not as soft as the Cap of Rump. You also Should have a smaller round piece. That's is much softer than the Big Round piece. Normally will not be a thick so make sure you don't oever cook. That's the reason you should cut the rump steak into those 4 parts as they all require different cooking time. You cook them all togheter some will be overcooked/Undercooked..

The last one is a very small piece, round as well. Very soft, its called "Baby Beef". Its a very expensive piece of meat in some countries such as Brasil.

Now, the australian rump steak, if you do not rub oil/olive oil on it it will cook but the color will be quite white. It looks pale almost!

I only cook my with rock salt, I will rub olive oil on it and them rock salt just before cooking. Don't leave to matinate on rock salt or you will not be able to eat it...

Another good way is to make a mixture of Salt(not rock salt) Olive Oil/Oil Garlic and a bit of pepper...

Now.. NEVER, EVER pierce or press the stake with its cooking. Not cutting as well... Cut it before...

Otherwise all the juice will run. Also only turn the stake once..... and of course make sure you wait at least 5 min after cooking before you eat!!!!!!

rainrain1, May 11, 5:56am
Cap of rump, baby beef, Australian rump steak?Good grief,you are confusing the issue now.

royboy3, May 12, 2:43am
What is the and easiest way to cook a rump!

kinna54, May 12, 5:17am
A whole rump! I assume
Cover in french onion soup mix.
If desired you can add to that some whole grain mustard, horseradish and crushed garlic.
reserve your meat drippings for the gravy.

joaopnz, May 12, 5:49am
Rump stake is a prime meat. The Rumo steak in New Zealand is made out of 3 diferent cuts of meat(based on Brazilian Cut, and believe me we understand about it).

If you stretch the Rump Steak you should see where it joins. You will see a long narrow piece with a thin layer of fat on the side(Ideally it would a thick layer of fat, but in New Zealand they remove that fat). That's the best part of it. This should be cooked Rare/Medium Rare. Its called Cap of Rump.

You them have a big, round piece. This still nice but its not as soft as the Cap of Rump. You also Should have a smaller round piece. That's is much softer than the Big Round piece. Normally will not be a thick so make sure you don't oever cook. That's the reason you should cut the rump steak into those 4 parts as they all require different cooking time. You cook them all togheter some will be overcooked/Undercooked.

The last one is a very small piece, round as well. Very soft, its called "Baby Beef". Its a very expensive piece of meat in some countries such as Brasil.

Now, the australian rump steak, if you do not rub oil/olive oil on it it will cook but the color will be quite white. It looks pale almost!

I only cook my with rock salt, I will rub olive oil on it and them rock salt just before cooking. Don't leave to matinate on rock salt or you will not be able to eat it.

Another good way is to make a mixture of Salt(not rock salt) Olive Oil/Oil Garlic and a bit of pepper.

Now. NEVER, EVER pierce or press the stake with its cooking. Not cutting as well. Cut it before.

Otherwise all the juice will run. Also only turn the stake once. and of course make sure you wait at least 5 min after cooking before you eat!

rainrain1, May 12, 5:56am
Cap of rump, baby beef, Australian rump steak!Good grief,you are confusing the issue now.