Favorite dessert recipes

helen.58, May 10, 1:34pm
I am making desserts for a combined 21st & 50th this weekend... I'm looking for some new outstanding desserts to try. I would appreciate any recipes that you can suggest. So far I'm making custard squares, caramel squares, fudge cake, eclairs...

jduck1, May 10, 11:55pm
ambrosia... yum

rkcroft, May 11, 12:00am
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake.
250gm chocolate flavoured biscuits crushed (or use plain and add a little cocoa to them)
150gm butter melted
2 tsp powdered gelatine
2T boiling water
250gm cream cheese
1/2c caster sugar
300ml cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
150gm Oreo biscuits roughly broken
Line a springform pan with baking paper and grease the sides.
In a bowl, combine biscuit crumbs and butter.Mix well and press into base of pan. Chill for 20mins
In a small jug, whisk gelatine into hot water until dissolved. Cool slightly
Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Beat in cream and vanilla and gelatine mix.
Fold through Oreos.
Pour over base and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
Decorate with cream, chocolate curls and more Oreos.

kinna54, May 11, 5:46am
There is a similar recipe to the above using toffee pops instead of oreos. See it often at the Coffee Club. truly bliss!
Also look back a couple of days thru the post, lots of yummy dessert ideas were posted for mother's Day.

helen.58, May 11, 5:54am
Thanks for that. Will give them a try.

helen.58, May 11, 1:34pm
I am making desserts for a combined 21st & 50th this weekend. I'm looking for some new outstanding desserts to try. I would appreciate any recipes that you can suggest. So far I'm making custard squares, caramel squares, fudge cake, eclairs.

jduck1, May 11, 11:55pm
ambrosia. yum

kinna54, May 12, 5:46am
There is a similar recipe to the above using toffee pops instead of oreos. See it often at the Coffee Club. truly bliss!
Also look back a couple of days thru the post, lots of yummy dessert ideas were posted for mother's Day.