Sweet short pastry

colnjessp, May 10, 10:30am
Hi there I was wondering if anyone is the Trademe Community had a recipe tomake homemade swwet short pastry. Thanks.

juliewn, May 10, 12:12pm
Hi.. while technically not a short pastry, this is my favourite for apple shortcake, Christmas mincemeat tarts, etc. and I wouldn't make anything else for those, or for apple pies, apricot pies, rhubarb butterscotch pies, etc....

Place 200gms flour and 1 tsp baking powder in a food processor.
Add 100gms cold butter and whizz till fine crumbs. (Or rub the butter into the flour in a bowl).
Beat well till very thick: 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Add to the flour mix and pulse, or mix, till combined.

Pick the pastry up in your hands and knead lightly till smooth.

Wrap in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.

When using this, bake at 190°C..

juliewn, May 10, 12:13pm
ps.. while it doesn't have much sugar, because I use it with sweet fillings, it balances the sweetness and tastes great..

juliewn, May 11, 12:12pm
Hi. while technically not a short pastry, this is my favourite for apple shortcake, Christmas mincemeat tarts, etc. and I wouldn't make anything else for those, or for apple pies, apricot pies, rhubarb butterscotch pies, etc.

Place 200gms flour and 1 tsp baking powder in a food processor.
Add 100gms cold butter and whizz till fine crumbs. (Or rub the butter into the flour in a bowl).
Beat well till very thick: 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Add to the flour mix and pulse, or mix, till combined.

Pick the pastry up in your hands and knead lightly till smooth.

Wrap in plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.

When using this, bake at 190°C.

juliewn, May 11, 12:13pm
ps. while it doesn't have much sugar, because I use it with sweet fillings, it balances the sweetness and tastes great.