Beef brisket- bone in

st_allie, May 10, 6:14am
Have just bought a number of packs marked down at the supermarket roughly $5 a kilo.Can I just treat this the same way as gravy beef or bacon bones etc? I thought it would make a good crockpot meal.

Am feeding a family of 6, mostly teenagers So figured 2 packs per meal.

Any suggestions for crockpot appreciated.

thankyou :)

tarshlove, May 10, 6:15am
Do a boil up yum

grantliv, May 10, 9:12pm
Is also awesome in a crockpot.
Yeah makes a great boil up

bbq-bro, May 10, 9:23pm
BOIL UP!!

purplegoanna, May 10, 9:45pm
(for serving at 7-7.30pm) my boilup with brisket (nice meaty brisket) i put in a lge pot and cover with water, add salt and pepper, i put that on at about 2.30-3pm and set to a good simmer, then 20mins before serving i add my peeled halved spuds or if theyre new potatos dont peel them just wash the skin, then 15mins before serving i add halved kumera and pumpkin chunks, then 5-10mins before serving i add a whole cabbage cut up into thin slices with some silverbeet in for good luck....its all sort of done by feel, dont be afraid to do heap of meat and have a re-boil the next night by adding a few more veg.....

st_allie, May 11, 6:14am
Have just bought a number of packs marked down at the supermarket roughly $5 a kilo.Can I just treat this the same way as gravy beef or bacon bones etc! I thought it would make a good crockpot meal.

Am feeding a family of 6, mostly teenagers So figured 2 packs per meal.

Any suggestions for crockpot appreciated.

thankyou :)

bbq-bro, May 11, 9:23pm
BOIL UP!potatoes,kumaras,watercress(if-
you find any).and doe boyz

purplegoanna, May 11, 9:45pm
(for serving at 7-7.30pm) my boilup with brisket (nice meaty brisket) i put in a lge pot and cover with water, add salt and pepper, i put that on at about 2.30-3pm and set to a good simmer, then 20mins before serving i add my peeled halved spuds or if theyre new potatos dont peel them just wash the skin, then 15mins before serving i add halved kumera and pumpkin chunks, then 5-10mins before serving i add a whole cabbage cut up into thin slices with some silverbeet in for good luck.its all sort of done by feel, dont be afraid to do heap of meat and have a re-boil the next night by adding a few more veg.