Food safety question

pinnochio1, May 9, 11:00pm
Is it safe for me to take frozen chicken out of the freezer, cook it then put it on pizza or in kebabs and cook them, then freeze for use later? TIA

pinnochio1, May 10, 12:42am
Thank you lilyfield. I find on this messageboard the posters are very nice and most helpfull, In the past when I've asked a question you get so many answers, it's difficult to decide which one to use. Being a male I usually fly by the seat of my pants, using a combination that I think will work. You know us males can't follow instructions. lol

martine5, May 10, 6:57am
I think, with respect, that the answer should be it should be safe.It really depends on how you defrosted the chicken, if you took it out of the freezer and then left it to defrost in the fridge, cooked it, cooled and then then refroze the next day you would be fine.If you defrostd the chicken on the bench in the sun or in warm water over a number of hours, cooked it, didn't cool it and left it in your fridge for several days before considering putting it in the freezer then absolutely not.

pinnochio1, May 10, 11:00pm
Is it safe for me to take frozen chicken out of the freezer, cook it then put it on pizza or in kebabs and cook them, then freeze for use later! TIA

pinnochio1, May 11, 12:42am
Thank you lilyfield. I find on this messageboard the posters are very nice and most helpfull, In the past when I've asked a question you get so many answers, it's difficult to decide which one to use. Being a male I usually fly by the seat of my pants, using a combination that I think will work. You know us males can't follow instructions. lol

martine5, May 11, 6:57am
I think, with respect, that the answer should be it should be safe.It really depends on how you defrosted the chicken, if you took it out of the freezer and then left it to defrost in the fridge, cooked it, cooled and then then refroze the next day you would be fine.If you defrostd the chicken on the bench in the sun or in warm water over a number of hours, cooked it, didn't cool it and left it in your fridge for several days before considering putting it in the freezer then absolutely not.

pinnochio1, May 11, 8:21am
Thanks for that response martine5. I don't defrost, out of freezer into microwave untill cooked. All bits assembled then into ordinary oven and back into the freezer, so the chicken would only spend an hour at room temp.

pinnochio1, May 12, 8:21am
Thanks for that response martine5. I don't defrost, out of freezer into microwave untill cooked. All bits assembled then into ordinary oven and back into the freezer, so the chicken would only spend an hour at room temp.