Shredded Chicken

rainbowpride, May 9, 3:43am
Hy guys I bought a day old chicken from New World and Im sitting here wondering what to do with it apart from the normal chicken sandwiches.

Do you guys have any idea's?

sampa, May 9, 4:22am
So many things you can do with cooked chicken.My favourite is to add it to a white (or cheese) sauce and wrap it up in crepes and then bake it with grated cheese on top (I like this best with broccoli added along with the chicken... maybe I'm a bit weird LOL).There's also a great Alison Holst recipe for Crunchy Chicken Casserole which is a bit like a roast chicken dinner without all the mucking around at the last minute.Having already cooked chicken should allow you to let your imagination run wild for an easy dinner, chicken curry, stew, pie (think along the lines of a fish pie with a topping of mashed potatoes).Or just cook some pasta and then add a little cream and whatever seasoning's you like along with things to your taste - mushrooms?, tomatoes?, capers?, ... I'm sure you get the picture.

Hope these ideas help.Have a lovely dinner!!

cookessentials, May 9, 4:24am
I used to do a great dish years ago that had cooked rice, shredded chicken, cooked bacon, onion and other ingredients ( that escape me right now LOL) I think it had cheese through it ( may have even been a sauce) and it was cooked through in the oven and then popped uder the grill to brown.

kinna54, May 9, 8:01am
chicken chow mein

rainbowpride, May 10, 3:43am
Hy guys I bought a day old chicken from New World and Im sitting here wondering what to do with it apart from the normal chicken sandwiches.

Do you guys have any idea's!

sampa, May 10, 4:22am
So many things you can do with cooked chicken.My favourite is to add it to a white (or cheese) sauce and wrap it up in crepes and then bake it with grated cheese on top (I like this best with broccoli added along with the chicken. maybe I'm a bit weird LOL).There's also a great Alison Holst recipe for Crunchy Chicken Casserole which is a bit like a roast chicken dinner without all the mucking around at the last minute.Having already cooked chicken should allow you to let your imagination run wild for an easy dinner, chicken curry, stew, pie (think along the lines of a fish pie with a topping of mashed potatoes).Or just cook some pasta and then add a little cream and whatever seasoning's you like along with things to your taste - mushrooms!, tomatoes!, capers!, . I'm sure you get the picture.

Hope these ideas help.Have a lovely dinner!

allspices, May 14, 6:45am
Shredded chicken and cranberry makes a great pizza with mozzarella cheese and Alison Holst's quick pizza yeast recipe.

allspices, May 15, 6:45am
Shredded chicken and cranberry makes a great pizza with mozzarella cheese and Alison Holst's quick pizza yeast recipe.