Pork crakle

cowlady19, May 9, 12:11am
how do u make yumy pork crakle please lol it never turns out the same as at restraunts

kabbo, May 9, 12:15am
score the skin and rub with oil and salt.

cowlady19, May 9, 12:23am
ok thanks making roast pork for belated mothers day as i work sundays

anne1955, May 9, 2:28am
I saw on a cooking show the other day maybe week haha They did the scoring and sald and I use butter then rested the pork in fridge and put it into cold oven then turn griller on...will have to try that at some stage...

lythande1, May 9, 4:23am
I find it's best to cut it off and put it on a rack to drip. It doesn't like moisture.
And it's Crackle. Not crakle.

kinna54, May 9, 6:45am
Make sure the pork is well scored in thin even lines right around the crackle. rub in a good 2 TBSPS butter or margand sprinkle liberally with salt, rub into the rind.
When you cook the pork, put it into a hot ove 200c for 20mins, you should see the crackle puff up. After 2omins remove the pork from the oven, let oven cool down to around 160-180c and resume the cooking for the necessary time. Crackle will be Excellent!! Gordon Ramsay and Jo Segar recommend this method. Never fails.

lizab, May 9, 7:18am
OMG I was logged into my son's account (post #7 deleted!!)

I can't make pork crackling for the life of me! The only way I succeed, is by taking the 'par cooked crackling' off the cooked, roast pork and putting it under the grill for a few mins. It puffs up beautifully!!

davejulz, May 9, 9:02am
Take the crackle off the cooked pork and microwave for 2 minutes with a paper towel covering it. Do for longer if needed just keep an eye on it, it removes all the fat and comes out crunchie.