21st cake decorators in Auckland

molly37, May 8, 5:59am
I have looked at the Celebration cake website, but might visit. Also Eves pantry in Botany, does anyone else know of a decent baker/decorator. Dont want anything too fancy. Large square, purple probably with funky things coming out the top and possibly fondant butterflys over it. Sounds horrid, but I can sort of picture it. I need it for June.

tipsy_bl0nde, May 9, 6:54am
i live in botany also, i go to "the cake box" on julliet avenue they have some amazing decorating things in there but they also do cakes and im sure if you just ordered a plain cake iced wouldnt be too expensive and then just buy what ever decorations from there. they make the wire with fondant stars that you poke in the middle and also lots of nifty edibly shapes. I would recommend having a look there and just buy a plain cake and DIY.

rachbabe, May 9, 6:57am
Decor Cakes in Otahu do really nice ones :)

raewyn64, May 9, 7:00am
I would second Decor Cakes in Otahuhu

clgodkin, May 9, 8:38am
I was going to recommend the Cake Box in Juliet Ave too. Had my mothers and grandmothers cakes done there but I always go there (and ponder forever cos I can never decide) to buy decorations to do my daughter's birthday cake every year.

cookessentials, May 9, 11:20pm
May be too far away but "Cake Couture" in Glen Ededn did both our wedding cake and my son's 21st cake.
www.cakecouture.co.nz

walker18, May 10, 2:01am
What did that cost you cookessentials?

cookessentials, May 10, 2:56am
The wedding cake was a 10 inch, round citrus madeira ( which is lovely) with a lilac ribbon and a strand of Swarovski crystals placed just above the ribbon ( they took the price up as they were $70 a metre) cake was $170.
The cake for Adam for his 21st was a key cake with one of his baby photos on the top, but i cant remember the price now as it was four years ago.