Simple bilinis please

chrisynz, May 6, 9:40pm
i have cream cheese and salmon to go them , as well a basil pesto. does that sound ok- just need a simple quick recipe now as working all day and will only have a short time to prepare. thanks in advance

cutex01, May 6, 10:54pm
I just do the normal pikelet recipe but half the sugar, and use half white and half wholemeal flour.

Works for me anyway.Yum, blinis!!

cookessentials, May 6, 10:57pm
2 cups milk
7gdried yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
good pinch salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs, separated
clarified butter for cooking

Warm milk in a saucepan until blood temperature (around 36C) or until just warm to the touch. Pour into a bowl and whisk in yeast and sugar. Stand in a warm place for 15 minutes to ferment; the mixture should bubble and double in size.

Combine flour, salt and baking powder and set aside.

Whisk egg yolks and add to milk yeast mixture. Make a well in the centre of the flour and gradually stir in milk until batter is thick.
Heat fry pan over medium heat and add a spoonful of clarified butter. Place spoonfuls of mixture into pan. Cook 1-2 mins or until bubbles appear, then turn.

To serve; spoon a dollop of creme fraiche onto each blini and top with a slice of smoked salmon and a little snip of dill.

Whisk egg whites to soft peaks and fold through batter. The batter should have the consistency of a slightly loose cake batter.

pickles7, May 7, 12:06am
Pikelet recipe is great, but if time is a big factor, a pkt of flat breads filled like sushi, cream cheese, salmon, pesto, rolled and cut on a slant, chopped red chili sprinkled over the lot on the plate, a few wedges of lemon, on the side....Enjoy, don't stress.

chrisynz, May 7, 3:37am
thatsounds yummy

waswoods, May 7, 6:54am
Just for your information: a blini is what you are asking about and a bellini is a very yummy cocktail

pickles7, May 7, 7:15am
Yep, a blini is as near to a tiny pikelet, you can get, and a bilini is a stuffed pancake. we all know that, don't we???? Now we all know a Bellini is a cock-tail.

waswoods, May 7, 8:16am
I learn something every day. Please point me in the direction of a recipe?