Cheap and Filling...

cinny19, May 6, 9:42am
I went to make dinner for myself thought Id do a bit extra for tomorrows lunch and holy crap I have tone loads of the stuff,
3 chicken carcus
quter of a butter cup
1 onion
2 carrots
4 sticks of celery
3 small potatoes
3 cups of budget macaroni pasta,

I just chopped theonion, carrots,and celery, into a pot with the chicken, bring to the boil and let it simmer for 2 hours, (warms up the house on a cold day .. like today lol)
Then add the potatoes and butter cup, and a good dash of salt lots of salt..
let simmer for half an hour then toss in the macaroni, let simmer for ten min, then turned it off and just left the lid on for 30min, so the macaroni socked up all the juices, and the chicken bones should be all mashed threw it, God it tast so good Yet so cheap, and I have a tone left over, This would feed 5 people easy,

toadfish, May 6, 5:39pm
I am going to try this... but think I may take out and strip the carcuses rather than mash up.. think the family may moan over bones.... I often see Chicken frames really cheap at the supermarket.My girlfreind who lives on her own brought a huge bag for $3 for stock... but ended up with about 3 portions of boneless chicken breast pieces as the butchers had left so much on the frames.

cinny19, May 6, 11:01pm
It's even better the next time round you heat it up as all the juices have soaked up into the pasta yummm, I love sucking on the bones as thats where the flavour is, But I know what you mean by other family members may not like it lol, You will love it, keep me posted on what you think