Where to buy steamed pudding

_wawa_, May 6, 2:31am
not the little aunt betty's ones....bigger ones that would feed a family, they're normally in a white container looking thing??lol.unless you wanna bake me one ahahahaha. thanks!

kiwibubbles, May 6, 4:27am
good question.. you might be better off going to a bakery or deli and asking them?

margyr, May 6, 4:34am
wawa, this recipe is really easy and only takes about 15 mins from start to eating. I have doubled it and easily fed a large family.Golden Syrup Dumplings

Dumplings

* 1 cup self-raising flour
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 tablespoon milk

Syrup

1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons Golden syrup or honey
1 tablespoon butter

METHOD

Sift flour into a bowl. and rub in the butter until it is like breadcrumbs. Beat the egg and milk together, and carefully mix with the flour to make a soft dough. Do not over-mix as this will make the dumplings tough.

Place the water, sugar, butter and golden syrup into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.

Drop in teaspoonfuls of the dough, cover with a lid and simmer over a moderate heat for about 12 minutes or so until cooked. Remove from the heat and serve with warm runny custard or ice-cream.

Serves 4 - 6 people

kinna54, May 6, 5:17am
I have seen the red bowl ones in New World. But they are expensive. Suggest you try margyr's recipe sounds yummy! I have been inspired!There are also easy choc self saucing recipes on this site that are awesome. Another lovely fruit steam pud recipe that is yummy is the old Edmonds carrot plum pudding. Just like mum used to make.

red-fmb, May 6, 5:17am
Have seen them in the white plastic bowls/lid in Countdown

_wawa_, May 6, 7:43am
thanks guys and you too margyr. im not so good at baking but i shall try this recipe next week :) love steamed pudding in winter!

dollmakernz, May 7, 8:28am
Try this one, so simple and the flavour is only limited by your imagination!
Basic Steamed Pudding and Variations (microwave)

1 cup flour¼ cup sugar1tsp baking powder
1 egg½ cup milk50g butter

Sift flour and baking powder into a med sized bowl, In another bowl cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Add the milk and dry ingredients alternately to the creamed mixture. Stir to mix. Pour the mixture into a casserole dish, cover and microwave on high for 12-15mins. Serve with custard.
Serves 4

Honey Steamed Pudding: Place half a cup of honey in the bowl then add the pudding mixture.
Treacle and Nut Pudding: Place 3 Tbsp treacle in base of bowl covered with walnuts. Pour pudding mixture over.