Question about fish loaf in slow cooker

zuggle, May 4, 10:37pm
Can anyone enlighten me, please? Am intending to do a salmon loaf recipe (p16 Alison Holst's Year Round Recipes for Crockpots & Slow Cookers) and have never made a loaf in a slow cooker before, so am unsure when she says "Cover with foil, folding it firmly down the sides. (meaning a 5 -cup bowl you stand inside, slightly raised) whether you put the COOKER LID on as well or not? In other recipes she does use the word "cover." It's just being poached in the water outside the inserted bowl isn't it, so doesn't have cover other than the foil mentioned? Thanks for any help.

fifie, May 5, 12:16am
Zuggle, just read her recipe turn cooker on to high to heat add the 3 cups tepid water to bowl,put 2 jam jar rings into bottom, to keep your basin up so it cooks evenly. Put lid on to heat up while you mix your loaf. Spray a suitable ovenproof bowl that will hold 5 cups of mixture and sits inside your cookerbowl, pour mixed loaf into it level off the top and cover with tin foil folding it tightly down sides of basin so it dosent let in any water or steam. Carefully sit it inside your cooker bowl on the jam jar rings,Put the lid back on your cooker and cook as per instructions in your recipe, remembering that the loaf will be a little softer than one baked in oven, because its steamed. Hope this helps.

zuggle, May 5, 2:54am
Oh, thanks Fifie... now I can get on to it. Yum! Thanks for all your time!

gerry64, May 5, 6:20am
will be interested to hear how it turns out - sound like something different

zuggle, May 5, 10:37pm
Can anyone enlighten me, please! Am intending to do a salmon loaf recipe (p16 Alison Holst's Year Round Recipes for Crockpots & Slow Cookers) and have never made a loaf in a slow cooker before, so am unsure when she says "Cover with foil, folding it firmly down the sides. (meaning a 5 -cup bowl you stand inside, slightly raised) whether you put the COOKER LID on as well or not! In other recipes she does use the word "cover." It's just being poached in the water outside the inserted bowl isn't it, so doesn't have cover other than the foil mentioned! Thanks for any help.

zuggle, May 6, 2:54am
Oh, thanks Fifie. now I can get on to it. Yum! Thanks for all your time!