I would love a basic muffin recipe please

gear_box, May 4, 12:24am
That can be turned sweet or savory at my whim... A quick, easy, never fail one pleeeeeeese

cinny19, May 4, 12:56am
the secret is not to over mix, just mix t combine, I'll g get mine out off the draw for you ... wont be long

cinny19, May 4, 1:08am
here you go I use this one all the time and its great, the best yet

2 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
100g melted butter
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup of milk

to make, sweet muffins 1 cup of sugar

to make, chocolate muffins chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons coco powder

to make,savoury muffins 1 cup of grated cheese, 1 onion, NO sugar,chopped tomatos leave out the seeds as this makes the muffins soggie, chopped up bacon, few frozen mix veggies like peas beans corn small carrots, red/green peppers, just chose 3 of these, or as many as you like.. I only do a max of 3,

to make cheese muffins, add 3 cups of tasty cheese

the trick is to combine all the dry ingredience together, followed by doing the same with the wet, then stir together till just mix, put into oven 210-215 about 15 min, when you take them out, TURN UPSIDE DOWN on a colling rack, as the tops are heavy, and by turning them upside down they rise a bit more and hold their shape when cooled giving you a bigger muffin,
Hope this helps :-)

n00dle, May 4, 1:26am
What a cunning idea - will have to try that one next time!

cinny19, May 4, 1:34am
Iuse to work in a cafe so know all the tricks off the trade, happy to share them with you, I have written them all into a book so I didnt frget them lol

gear_box, May 4, 1:42am
Cinny
Thank you so much, can't wait to get the kids to sleep tonight so I can try it out, was getting a bit sick of my epic failures!

janic1, May 4, 2:45am
cinny19 wrote:
Iuse to work in a cafe so know all the tricks off the trade, happy to share them with you, I have written them all into a book so I didnt frget them lol[ /quote]
cinny, your recipe sounds good and i will try it,blueberrieswould you suggest adding them frozen,, cheers janice

lindylambchops1, May 4, 2:55am
Great idea!Please share more of your tricks of the trade!

cinny19, May 5, 12:09am
The trick to adding blueberries or any wet fruit like that is to add them frozen and toss them in the flour that you are about to use for the muffin mix, then add the rest of the dry ingredience into the same bowl, as this stops them from sticking together and sinking to the bottom of the muffin,

gear_box, May 5, 12:24am
That can be turned sweet or savory at my whim. A quick, easy, never fail one pleeeeeeese

cinny19, May 5, 12:56am
the secret is not to over mix, just mix t combine, I'll g get mine out off the draw for you . wont be long

cinny19, May 5, 1:08am
here you go I use this one all the time and its great, the best yet

2 cups of flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
100g melted butter
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup of milk

to make, sweet muffins 1 cup of sugar

to make, chocolate muffins chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons coco powder

to make,savoury muffins 1 cup of grated cheese, 1 onion, NO sugar,chopped tomatos leave out the seeds as this makes the muffins soggie, chopped up bacon, few frozen mix veggies like peas beans corn small carrots, red/green peppers, just chose 3 of these, or as many as you like. I only do a max of 3,

to make cheese muffins, add 3 cups of tasty cheese

the trick is to combine all the dry ingredience together, followed by doing the same with the wet, then stir together till just mix, put into oven 210-215 about 15 min, when you take them out, TURN UPSIDE DOWN on a colling rack, as the tops are heavy, and by turning them upside down they rise a bit more and hold their shape when cooled giving you a bigger muffin,
Hope this helps :-)

gear_box, May 5, 1:42am
Cinny
Thank you so much, can't wait to get the kids to sleep tonight so I can try it out, was getting a bit sick of my epic failures!