Freezing pumpkins help

mercury14, May 2, 11:36pm
Ours are so big I know they won't keep till the two of us can get through one. I alredy make heaps of soup and freeze that. So any good ideas on freezing, hopefully so the bits can still be roasted? Thanks.

lilyfield, May 2, 11:40pm
x1
just cut up into chunks and freeze, No need to blanch

murdoc4, May 3, 6:25am
I brought some from Gilmours on special one time and they tasted great.They had been partly baked and then frozen.Thaw before using and drain off any excess liquid from defrosting.

mercury14, May 3, 6:27am
Thanks folk, nice and easy just how I like.

amazing_grace, May 3, 6:49am
You know that pumpkins will last all winter if you just sit them on a shelf in a cool garage?

You can wipe them with a cloth, then just park them up and they will last for months and months and months without going off, or rotting or anything! (and they look pretty too)

coolnzmum, May 3, 7:39am
We have 20 odd sitting inside currently that will be stored in our shed shortly and probably at least that many more if not more to still be picked.

Might put some into freezer.

mercury14, May 3, 10:39pm
Yes we also have our pumpkins stored in a dry shed, they should keep through to Sep. It's the cut ones I find are just so big, I want to use part, then freeze the remainder. Thanks for allthe answers.

mercury14, May 3, 11:36pm
Ours are so big I know they won't keep till the two of us can get through one. I alredy make heaps of soup and freeze that. So any good ideas on freezing, hopefully so the bits can still be roasted! Thanks.

amazing_grace, May 4, 6:49am
You know that pumpkins will last all winter if you just sit them on a shelf in a cool garage!

You can wipe them with a cloth, then just park them up and they will last for months and months and months without going off, or rotting or anything! (and they look pretty too)

mercury14, May 4, 10:39pm
Yes we also have our pumpkins stored in a dry shed, they should keep through to Sep. It's the cut ones I find are just so big, I want to use part, then freeze the remainder. Thanks for allthe answers.