Advice on bottling feijoa's please

johne21, May 2, 8:40am
I am going bottle feijoa's for the 1st time . I read some where that buy not cooking the feijoa's they stay firmer and nicer and that you load them into the hot agee jars with a hot light syrup then seal. Anyone down this? Was it a success? Many thanks

mackkas, May 2, 10:58am
I do it this way and they are beautiful. Make sure the jars and the syrup are hot or else they may not seal, but they do keep well in the fridge. I have just tried an extra light syrup (1 cup sugar to 4 cups water) and it turn out great. Enjoy.

murdoc4, May 2, 8:52pm
x1
I bring my syrup to the boil while my jars are in oven, and plunge freshly shelled feijoas into syrup.Leave for 2mins to heat through and bottle!So good in summer fruit salads!!!

johne21, May 3, 6:16am
Thanks for the advice do you have to put lemon juice on the peeled feijoas to stop them going brown or in the syrup?

johne21, May 3, 8:40am
I am going bottle feijoa's for the 1st time . I read some where that buy not cooking the feijoa's they stay firmer and nicer and that you load them into the hot agee jars with a hot light syrup then seal. Anyone down this! Was it a success! Many thanks

murdoc4, May 3, 8:52pm
I bring my syrup to the boil while my jars are in oven, and plunge freshly shelled feijoas into syrup.Leave for 2mins to heat through and bottle!So good in summer fruit salads!

johne21, May 4, 6:16am
Thanks for the advice do you have to put lemon juice on the peeled feijoas to stop them going brown or in the syrup!