Is there much different between white vingar and

birdie211, Apr 30, 9:44pm
white wine vingar, im in the middle of making a pickle and it needs white wine, I only have white, I didnt read the recipe properly.Does it make much difference, thanks

olwen, Apr 30, 9:53pm
Do you have cider vinegar?That's what I would substitute.I've never trusted white vinegar.

birdie211, Apr 30, 9:58pm
no I dont, might have to make a mish to the shop

rosathemad, Apr 30, 10:06pm
I wouldn't think so - what is the recipe for? Is the vinegar a significant ingredient?

anne1955, May 1, 12:32am
I often inter change in pickle as I seem to be making so much run out of one or another in pickle not such a problem other than colour to pickle I have some light colour pickle I would do but only for apperance..

dalkemade, May 1, 4:28am
I always find white wine vinegar is not as harsh in its taste as white vinegar.

korbo, May 1, 4:33am
have made lots of pickles etc, using either white when it says brown, and vice versa, havent noticed any different. Maybe the white is a little sharper, but all goes down well in this house.

birdie211, May 1, 5:54am
Thanks all, I ended up buying some white wine, but now at least I think I have every different type in the cupboard to cover all other pickles lol.

olwen, May 1, 9:53pm
Do you have cider vinegar!That's what I would substitute.I've never trusted white vinegar.

rosathemad, May 1, 10:06pm
I wouldn't think so - what is the recipe for! Is the vinegar a significant ingredient!

anne1955, May 2, 12:32am
I often inter change in pickle as I seem to be making so much run out of one or another in pickle not such a problem other than colour to pickle I have some light colour pickle I would do but only for apperance.