Bread and butter pudding recipe

adrian, Apr 30, 6:27am
Can I please have some delicious melt i your mouth bread and butter pudding recipes it would be very much appreciated thnx!!!!

n00dle, Apr 30, 7:51am
Bumping for adrian ...

jessie981, Apr 30, 9:14am
Lightly butter bread & place in a casserole/piedish. Cut crusts off. Sprinkle sultanas over. Beat 2 eggs, tsp vanilla essence, 1/2c sugar, pinch salt & litre milk together. Pour over & bake approx 1 - &1/2hrs @ 160.

darkraven1, Apr 30, 11:05am
Scrumptious Bread & Butter pudding!! :-)
50gm stale white bread, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 cup cream, 3tbsp brown sugar, 1tsp vanilla, apricot jam, 50gm butter, 3/4 cup icing sugar, 3-4tbsps rum or other spirit.
French bread is good for this recipe (has some body). Slice and lie so they overlap in a buttered baking dish.Break eggs into a bowl, putting aside 1 yolk to use in the sauce.Mix remaining eggs with the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla.Pour this over the bread, then leave for at least 5 minutes so it soaks into the bread.Place the dish in a roasting pan 1/2 filled with hot water and bake at 175 for 30-45mins. until custard is set in the middle.Lift dish out of roasting pan and brush the surface of pudding with a glaze of apricot jam (heated).Serve warm with a sauce made by heating together in a bowl over boiling water, the melted butter, reserved egg yolk and icing sugar.When mixture is very hot, lift off the heat, cool for a few minutes and stir in the rum.
This is delicious.

nzl99, Apr 30, 9:14pm
As something a little different, making with hotcross buns, fruit bread or croissants is nice too...

tinarc, May 1, 12:42am
Lightly butter spiced fruit bread, and spread some jam of your choice on Bread as well & place in a casserole/piedish.Sprinkle sultanas over. Beat 2 eggs, tsp vanilla essence, 1/2c sugar, pinch salt & litre milk together. Pour over & bake approx 1 - &1/2hrs @ 160.

tinarc, May 1, 12:51am
I am having people for dinner tonight and want to pre-cook my bread and butter pudding then want to reheat any suggestions on the best way to do that? I don't want my pud to dry out.

mas45, May 1, 12:55am
Here's one that's a tad different and really nice. It's not melt in your mouth but solid a real winter pud and cold it's fantastic sliced up and eaten like a cake or nuked for a minute.

10 slices of white toast bread (cubed)
125grms butter
125grms sugar
1-2 eggs
golden syrup
apricot jam
raisins

Put cubed bread in large bowl. Cream butter and sugar add egg(s) and a squirt of golden syrup. With your hands pour over bread and mix making sure all the bread is coated. Throw in your raisins. Place in a buttered baking dish and pack in reasonably firmly. Add a layer of jam, cover with a butter paper and bake at about 180-190 for 1 hour(ish). Take off the butter paper for the last 15 minutes to let it brown. Cheers Matt

wheelz, May 1, 2:29am
This is the best ever, once discovering this recipe, I never make any other !
Apricot Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding. 100g chopped dried Apricots ( the real ones, not turkish)- 100g chocolate drops - 4-5 croissants - 30g butter(diced) - 1/4 c sugar - 3 eggs - 600 ml milk. Tear 1/2 the croissants into biggish pieces and put in ovenproof dish. dot with 1/2 the butter, chocolate, apricots and sugar.Repeat with remaining croissants, chocolate, apricot butter and sugar. Whisk eggs with milk and pour over. Press down croissants so they soak up liquid. Put in fridge 1/2 hour. Bake 45 mins at 180'C.

noelee, May 1, 3:31am
There is a bakery in New Plymouth thaty makes these long powdered caramel doughnuts brought way too many an decided to make a bread butter pudding with them. Mixed 6 egg yolks with quarter cup of sugar and milk about one an half litres poured this onto the sliced up doughnuts already in oven dish. Bake in oven till mix is set. Make a meringue place on top of pudding mix put under the grill till golden brown. Used 18 caramel & 6 plain doughnuts .

n00dle, May 1, 7:51am
Bumping for adrian .

rosathemad, May 1, 8:45am
We've just popped a pudding in the oven - leftover brioche and hot cross buns, should be a winner! Thank goodness for the cooler weather - great excuse for belly warmers such as this. ;-)

pom-pom, May 1, 8:56am
Just a tip for you B&B pudding fiends. Kids love it if you swap the butter for Nutella/Hazelnut spread!

wazzon, May 1, 9:41am
Darkraven1, well i made your dessert tonite ( been looking for ages for a custard b&b pudding) it was awesome, its made its way in to my cook book, its not just ANY b&b Thankyou for sharing

darkraven1, May 1, 11:05am
Scrumptious Bread & Butter pudding! :-)
50gm stale white bread, 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/2 cup cream, 3tbsp brown sugar, 1tsp vanilla, apricot jam, 50gm butter, 3/4 cup icing sugar, 3-4tbsps rum or other spirit.
French bread is good for this recipe (has some body). Slice and lie so they overlap in a buttered baking dish.Break eggs into a bowl, putting aside 1 yolk to use in the sauce.Mix remaining eggs with the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla.Pour this over the bread, then leave for at least 5 minutes so it soaks into the bread.Place the dish in a roasting pan 1/2 filled with hot water and bake at 175 for 30-45mins. until custard is set in the middle.Lift dish out of roasting pan and brush the surface of pudding with a glaze of apricot jam (heated).Serve warm with a sauce made by heating together in a bowl over boiling water, the melted butter, reserved egg yolk and icing sugar.When mixture is very hot, lift off the heat, cool for a few minutes and stir in the rum.
This is delicious.

nzl99, May 1, 9:14pm
As something a little different, making with hotcross buns, fruit bread or croissants is nice too.

alig65, May 1, 10:23pm
Many moons ago Alison Gofton did a lovely version with Blackberry Jam (of which I leave out) but with creme fraiche and orange rind, which really makes it.

darkraven1, May 1, 11:15pm
So pleased to be of service wazzon lol!It's a goodie isn't it? :-)

tinarc, May 2, 12:51am
I am having people for dinner tonight and want to pre-cook my bread and butter pudding then want to reheat any suggestions on the best way to do that! I don't want my pud to dry out.

mas45, May 2, 12:55am
Here's one that's a tad different and really nice. It's not melt in your mouth but solid a real winter pud and cold it's fantastic sliced up and eaten like a cake or nuked for a minute.

10 slices of white toast bread (cubed)
125grms butter
125grms sugar
1-2 eggs
golden syrup
apricot jam
raisins

Put cubed bread in large bowl. Cream butter and sugar add egg(s) and a squirt of golden syrup. With your hands pour over bread and mix making sure all the bread is coated. Throw in your raisins. Place in a buttered baking dish and pack in reasonably firmly. Add a layer of jam, cover with a butter paper and bake at about 180-190 for 1 hour(ish). Take off the butter paper for the last 15 minutes to let it brown. Cheers Matt

wheelz, May 2, 2:29am
This is the best ever, once discovering this recipe, I never make any other !
Apricot Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding. 100g chopped dried Apricots ( the real ones, not turkish)- 100g chocolate drops - 4-5 croissants - 30g butter(diced) - 1/4 c sugar - 3 eggs - 600 ml milk. Tear 1/2 the croissants into biggish pieces and put in ovenproof dish. dot with 1/2 the butter, chocolate, apricots and sugar.Repeat with remaining croissants, chocolate, apricot butter and sugar. Whisk eggs with milk and pour over. Press down croissants so they soak up liquid. Put in fridge 1/2 hour. Bake 45 mins at 180'C.

rosathemad, May 2, 8:45am
We've just popped a pudding in the oven - leftover brioche and hot cross buns, should be a winner! Thank goodness for the cooler weather - great excuse for belly warmers such as this. ;-)

darkraven1, May 2, 11:15pm
So pleased to be of service wazzon lol!It's a goodie isn't it! :-)