Coconut Ice Cake recipe

shadoe, Apr 28, 2:50am
Please does anyone have this recipe as I used to make it years ago but have lost it?Thanks

music_note, Apr 29, 2:07am
Are you meaning Coconut Ice as in the sweet that's made similar to fudge? Or something else? a cake with it sounds interesting.

shadoe, Apr 29, 7:16am
No a friend makes this cake with a shortcake base and then a Coconut Ice topping and Yes it is lovely,I will keep looking.

angelbaby69nz, Apr 29, 7:26am

haulier, Apr 29, 8:25pm
Coconut Ice Cake
4oz butter,1/2 cup sugar,1 egg,Small cup coconut,pinch salt,1tsp baking powder,1 cup of flour.
Cream butter and sugar,add egg and beat well.Add flour,baking powder,salt and coconut.press into greased sponge roll tin and bake in moderate oven till cooked.When cool add the following topping that has been boiled together for 3 minutes.
1 heaped cup of sugar,1/3 cup of milk,1 tblsp butter.When this mixture has boiled for the 3 minutes add 1/2 cup coconut and a couple of drops of red food colouring.Beat until thick and spred onto base quickly before it sets.
I hope this is what you are looking for.My late mum used to make this and I just found the recipe in one of her old books.

shadoe, Apr 30, 9:14am
Thank you haulier that is the recipe you are a legend.Cheers Vicki