Pot luck dinner

sam595, Apr 27, 2:05am
Hi. Anyone please got any great potluck dinner dishes they find a hit when they go out.?Have one to go to on fri & would love some new ideas
/recipes Hope you can help.
Thanks
Jen

duckmoon, Apr 27, 2:39am
puddings...

nzl99, Apr 27, 3:30am
I nearly always take bread with me:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1528128562922.2071141.1225939081&l=1d79405aef

And one pot wonders like Mango Chicken Curry, Lasagna, Sweet n Sour Meatballs, a giant Chicken Salad...

ppppaula, Apr 27, 3:52am
lasagne, mini quiches

motorbo, Apr 27, 4:04am
dpends on your budget, maybe a pasta or rice dish

socram, Apr 27, 4:22am
Slice the top off a whole pumpkin, remove seeds.Put the top back on and cover with clingfilm. Microwave for 30-40+ minutes (check it, but beware, it is HOT!) until cooked.

Make up a chilli con carneor if vegetarian, mix of spinach, capsicums, sweet corn, peppers, various cheeses, mushrooms etc.

Spoon filling into the pumpkin and take some sour cream to dollop onto the top when you arrive.

Liquidised left-over chilli/pumpkin makes a fantastic soup...

bearskin, Apr 27, 4:33am
Is Pot Luck Dinner protocol that what you take is traditionally a budget dish? I appreciate it will probably have to be something that needs reheating, but is it bad form to take the opportunity to flex some culinary muscle (i.e show off a bit)?

millenium1, Apr 27, 6:33am
A prawn curry can be quite an economical dish to take these days. Prawns can be cheaper and go further than red meat.

millenium1, Apr 27, 6:35am
Yum! I know what I am taking to the next pot luck dinner I go to. I won't need to worry about the dish when I go home. So often I have a few too many or get pre occupied and forget my dishes all over the place. Mind you, its a good excuse to get together for my friends to drop them back to my place.

pickles7, Apr 27, 6:57am
yep, me too.
I will look out for a cheap bowl.
Buy a few dishes from the op shops, perfect for taking a plate with.
I buy microwave plates, they are flat, take a knock, can cut on them, heat food on them. Ideal. put your name on the bottom, that way you can recover it another time.