Orecchiette Pasta

evebee, Apr 26, 3:23am
has anyone heard of orecchiette pasta. i would like to make a chicken dish for tea that has this pasta in it. However I can't get it at my supermarket.maybe someone can suggestanother type of pasta that I can use. The dish has broccoli,garlic and chive cheese, milk and cooked shredded chicken in it withthe pasta. Thanks for your help.

ant_sonja, Apr 26, 3:44am
..available via online shopping here:

http://www.belmondo.co.nz/search.aspx?keyword=orecchiette

as an alternative you could maybe use the simple shell pasta that most stores sell :-)

spotswood, Apr 26, 4:31am
Sabato -an import food shop in Mt Eden, Auckland,has it

aly5, Apr 26, 4:33am
Isn't it like extra large shell pasta? I used it once and stuffed them. But if it's a simple mix and stir dish, then maybe ordinary shell pasta will do.

cookessentials, Apr 26, 4:47am
yes, basically. but a more rounded shape as opposed the shell.

evebee, Apr 26, 4:50am
will just use shell pasta. Thanks very much everyone.

litedelites, Apr 26, 5:07am
This sounds delish - please share the recipe and the results, thanks T

rebecca12, Apr 26, 6:09am
Its a fairly easy pasta shape to make.

evebee, Apr 26, 9:28am
Orecchiette and Broccoli Toss
300gms orecchiette pasta
3 cups broccoli florets
125 gms garlic and chive cheese, roughly chopped
1 cup milk
3 cups cooked shredded chicken
1. Cook pasta according to packet directions, adding broccolithe last 3 minutes of cooking
2.Meanwhile place milk and cheese into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat, whisking until the cheese has melted and combined. Stir in chickenand cook until heated through. Season with salt and cracked black pepper.

evebee, Apr 26, 9:32am
continued:
Pour sauce over pastaand broccoli.Stir over low heat until heated through. Garnish with semi-dried tomatoes.
I used seashell pasta and it was fine.I also used garlic and cream cheese cheese.
I boiled a chicken breast but i think that you could use left over cooked chickenIt was quickly prepared and very tasty.Enjoy.

evebee, Apr 26, 10:41pm
Amazing!! Just been watching the Junior Chef cookoffs on tv1 and one of the recipes was a broccoli and chickenpasta!! They used raw chicken finely diced, added garlic and pesto.Also the juice of 1 orange and wholegrain mustard mixed together and added. That would really lift the dish that I did aniother notch and I am going to try that next time.